Back at It and Need Some Supportive Friends

Options
Hi, everyone!

My name is Mary and I've been on this site for quite some time now. I always seem to hit a spell (normally in the Fall) where I get sidetracked, gain weight, and then come running back to MFP.

I did that early this summer when I got married and moved. Now I'm ready to get back to it, but need some active, supportive, dedicated friends who have time to interact and share a kind word rather than just receive them. Too often I connect with users who never comment, rarely log in, are friend collectors, or send me creepy emails. No thanks!

If you aren't any of those things (LOL!), please feel free to send me a request. Just an FYI, I'm not a perfect "dieter" because I refuse to give up everything I love, but my diary is open and I try to be honest. I look forward to chatting with some new friends soon!

Replies

• philbanet
    philbanet Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Honesty is the best policy when it comes to tracking. You're not fooling anyone but yourself if you leave something off. I hear you on the not giving up everything. I don't think that's sustainable in the long run.
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Whenever I try to give it all up at once, I fail...miserably. You are absolutely right: not sustainable, at least not for me.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request Have been on here consistently more than 3 years. Congratulations on your marriage :-)
  • shereenhazman
    shereenhazman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I need some friends to motivate me
  • merryberry99
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! :)
  • HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I need some new friends also
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Haha.. I am glad that I am not the only collector of creepers!
    Feel free to add me if you like. I may not be the perfect logger when it comes to food, but I work out several days a week, comment and am on day 395, so I would say I am a consistent supporter!

Good luck on your journey lady!
  • dianavpratt
    dianavpratt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary! Welcome back and congratulations on your marriage. I hear ya about falling off the wagon and coming back to MFP. That is why I am back, too. Time to get serious again...especially since I am getting married next year! I have found tracking my food helps me to make better choices and motivates me to want to work out! Wishing you much success and I look forward to the support, as well. :)
  • mlarizza1977
    mlarizza1977 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The trick is to track every day, no matter what -- and especially on the bad days, because they will happen, but tracking changes your behavior imperceptibly -- even on the bad days. Sure you blew 1000 calories eating the birthday cake but it was 500 less than it would have been if you hadn't logged it in. I had a pizza party the other day and was logging right as I was eating and bad as it was I know the logging saved me at least 300 calories. It all counts! So, my advice on falling off the wagon is to log it, no matter what, even if you have to guess. I say this is as a noob to mfp and this board but I've tried logging calories for years and have always had trouble staying with it. MFP has made it so much easier.
  • riktaylor
    riktaylor Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary, my story is same, when I'm tracking I'm losing weight when I'm not I add it back on. I'm now committing to tracking full time all the time until the end of time!

I'm honest with my diary too! I will send you a request
  • CMayBos
    CMayBos Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Request sent :)

I've just started back again after 3 years of getting married and having two babies! I'm hoping this will the kick I need to get back closer to my pre-babies weight!
  • merryberry99
    Options
    @mlarizza1977 You are definitely right about logging consistently. My problem usually becomes less of "I'm not sure how many calories that is" and more of "I'm so over all of this and just need a break from it all before I lose my mind." If it's not the mental rut, life will get so busy that I know I have to accept my healthy lifestyle will not be quite the same as it was and I struggle for it not to spiral. Although I prefer to not fall off the wagon, I'm finding I'm getting better about hopping back on quickly thereafter. LOL! My first break was almost a year. This time it was only about 1.5 months when I got married, went on my honeymoon, and then relocated.