Failed again but ready for action

Options
How many times do I think I don't need to count calories? I am active I tell myself, I run three times a week, I will still lose weight! Again, weight has crept back on, no wonder even my running is a struggle. Back on counting calories and weighing food again today, no more excuses. What helps you to keep going and stop kidding yourself??

Replies

• nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me! Keep logging!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Yep, keeping an eye on the scale. Now that i'm in maintenance i check once a month, and if i start seeing my weight creeping up i double down on the grind
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I know it's cliche, but don't think of it as failing, just think of it as another step and a helpful lesson. We're all going to struggle now and then and someitmes regaining weight is part of the learning process and figuring out what we need to do, or do differently. Be patient and be kind to yourself. It's not always going to be smooth or quick or easy, but at least you know what you need to do. Good luck!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No secrets, really. I weigh myself every day and eat ordinary food I like in appropriate portions. Exercise doesn't burn that many calories.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    10 years ago I followed WW and ate by point system and exercised like crazy. I lost 15 lbs but got sick of it; and inevitably gained back and much more.

This time, no more random stupid actions that I don't have a full grasp on. My eating and energy spending to go with it (exercise, whatnot) have to make sense biologically and psychologically. No struggle. I'm maintaining my normal bmi for months now.