Favorite cheat meal?

Options
13»

Replies

• ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I like cheat meals why ruin my whole day. But chili cheese fries with extra cheese grilled onions and sour cream.
  • faedreamer1
    faedreamer1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    lol at all these people going "I don't have to cheat, I eat what I want if I want it" like good for you, there are threads for you then. Leave us to ours.

As someone with health issues, I can't just 'make unhealthy foods fit' if I want them. I have to deny myself 99% of the time if I, you know, want to live. So when I have a cheat meal, it's usually something with more sodium than I'm normally allowed. Like fried chicken or chinese food. I can only do that maybe once a month or I run the risk of repercussions beyond weight gain.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    lol at all these people going "I don't have to cheat, I eat what I want if I want it" like good for you, there are threads for you then. Leave us to ours.

As someone with health issues, I can't just 'make unhealthy foods fit' if I want them. I have to deny myself 99% of the time if I, you know, want to live. So when I have a cheat meal, it's usually something with more sodium than I'm normally allowed. Like fried chicken or chinese food. I can only do that maybe once a month or I run the risk of repercussions beyond weight gain.

Nobody is talking about avoiding certain foods because of health issues...the term "cheat" is generally in relation to dietary restrictions not related to medical issues...and it's usually because people have negative relationships with food and tend to look at things in black and white/good and bad and fail to look at their diet in the context of the whole and fail to see the bigger picture.

People are simply pointing out that "cheat" implies that you are doing something wrong...and in the context of the whole, having a higher calorie day or going to town on a pizza from time to time is pretty irrelevant.

Nobody is talking about restrictions due to health issues....
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Nobody is talking about avoiding certain foods because of health issues...the term "cheat" is generally in relation to dietary restrictions not related to medical issues...and it's usually because people have negative relationships with food and tend to look at things in black and white/good and bad and fail to look at their diet in the context of the whole and fail to see the bigger picture.

People are simply pointing out that "cheat" implies that you are doing something wrong...and in the context of the whole, having a higher calorie day or going to town on a pizza from time to time is pretty irrelevant.

Nobody is talking about restrictions due to health issues....

^^^^This.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    When I have high days it's often a different thing every time. It's funny, but my "favorite meal" changes often. Lately I've been thinking nonstop about grape leaves dolmades and stuffed summer squash. Sadly I'm horrible at rolling them and coring squash so I will have to battle with these urges for a couple more weeks until my mom comes back and I ask her to make me some.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Almost any cheat meal will also be a cheat day (above maintenance calorie day) for me. I usually only "cheat" for special occasions so the food would be whatever was being served for the occasion.

Baby back ribs are the only food I typically plan to completely blow my calories out of the water with. So I guess that must be my favorite.