Powerbeats 2 blow. Any recommendations for good wireless headphones?

Options
I bought a pair of Powerbeats 2 Wireless headphones back in April despite the negative reviews. There were enough positive reviews for me to think that I would be one of the lucky ones and I wouldn't have any problems. WRONG. Four months later they no longer hold a charge...at all!

Those four months were long enough for me to become addicted to wireless earphones, though. Any suggestions for a good, dependable brand? TIA.

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I just said this on another thread, but I loooooove my Plantronics Backbeat Fit. They're wireless, stay in easily and comfortably, have great battery life, let in a little ambient noise (which I like so I'm aware of my surroundings), and are very water/sweat resistant.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    I just said this on another thread, but I loooooove my Plantronics Backbeat Fit. They're wireless, stay in easily and comfortably, have great battery life, let in a little ambient noise (which I like so I'm aware of my surroundings), and are very water/sweat resistant.

Thanks!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Jaybird BlueBuds X. Sound great (for BT headphones) and stay in (with Comply Foam Tips). I have the original. Have not tried the X2.
  • leajas1
    Options

Also, how long have you had them? I just read some review and, same problem, several people said they just stopped working after 6 months.
  • leajas1
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Jaybird BlueBuds X. Sound great (for BT headphones) and stay in (with Comply Foam Tips). I have the original. Have not tried the X2.

Thanks! How long have you had them?
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

Also, how long have you had them? I just read some review and, same problem, several people said they just stopped working after 6 months.

I've had mine over a year. :)

This may be a silly question...but they are headphones like the kind that fit outside of your ears as opposed to ear buds right? I would like to invest in a pair of wireless headphones but NOT earbuds as my ears must be smurf ears or something because earbuds never fit :)

http://www.plantronics.com/ca/product/backbeat-fit

They go in your ears but also over them, and reviews suggest they fit pretty much everyone.
  • leajas1
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »

I've had mine over a year. :)

This may be a silly question...but they are headphones like the kind that fit outside of your ears as opposed to ear buds right? I would like to invest in a pair of wireless headphones but NOT earbuds as my ears must be smurf ears or something because earbuds never fit :)

http://www.plantronics.com/ca/product/backbeat-fit

They go in your ears but also over them, and reviews suggest they fit pretty much everyone.

Thank you!
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I second the Jaybird bluebuds...OMG, I love mine! I've had them for almost 2 years, with absolutely no issue whatsoever. I have noticed if I forget to turn my wifi off on my phone, when I get into an area that has a lot of wifi (suburban streets), they cut out. Just turn wifi off, and no problem at all....The sound is amazing. And they still hold their charge.
  • maranarasauce93
    maranarasauce93 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I went for a cost efficient option and got the black web wireless Bluetooth headphones from wal mart. They probably aren't the best quality out there and they don't have the best reviews but I think for going to the gym, they work well. Just remember to pair it with your device you have to hold the power button until the light flashes both red and blue and to turn it off, you have to hold the power button until you see a blinking red light.

So yeah they take a bit of a learning curve but I think they're comfy and get the job done!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Are they not under warranty? I have had 0 issues so far. 9 months, heavy use while lifting and cycling\mountain biking. Full disclosure, I got them as a gift. I wouldn't pay that much for them.