no cardio

Options
When i started this app i was doing 3 to 5 cardio sessions a week. However i havent done any cardio in 3 weeks now. I work on my feet and that really ruines cardio when your feet ache before you even start. The good news is that the calorie counting and weight training have kept my progress moving forward. I feel a little guilty that im neglecting cardio but my feet! OUCH

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There's no need to do cardio for weight loss but it does have many other health benefits. Have you tried something like cycling or swimming that doesn't have you putting a lot of pressure on your feet?
  • fitgamercatlady
    fitgamercatlady Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I weight-train five times a week. Although I should be mixing cardio in there, I don't. As long as you're doing something active you'll be fine. You're still making progress so don't feel guilty!
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way but there is always the feeling that i could be doing more. Ive made big progress in the last 50 days. Im at the point im getting abs and i want to do everything i can to get em out.
  • fitgamercatlady
    fitgamercatlady Posts: 63 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    evilokc wrote: »
    I feel the same way but there is always the feeling that i could be doing more. Ive made big progress in the last 50 days. Im at the point im getting abs and i want to do everything i can to get em out.

If you want abs, you need to focus on your diet more than cardio. Cardio is great for shedding excessive amounts of fat, but now that you can see yours, you need to try to limit your unhealthy fats and sugars. This will lower your body fat percentage and your muscles will look really defined!

I had 17% body fat while I was running five miles a day six days a week. I only started dropping body fat when I started eating healthier.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    My calories are pretty dead on buti could clean them up a little.
  • BigJes37
    BigJes37 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm in same boat with the feet thing. I do 2 body parts at a time back and forth with minimal rest. This gets your heart rate up where you want it as if you were doing your cardio.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    BigJes37 wrote: »
    I'm in same boat with the feet thing. I do 2 body parts at a time back and forth with minimal rest. This gets your heart rate up where you want it as if you were doing your cardio.

This is what I do, too. I got burned out on cardio and was dreading it. No sense turning it into something negative since I look forward to going to the gym overall.
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good for u! I also have had days where I'm just too tired or my knees hurt. I work as a nanny so I'm walking over 1 hr a day. I've stuck to my calories even if I don't workout and the weight is coming off.