40 Year Old Mom of Two

Options
Hi! I have two wonderful young boys aged nine months and two years. Unfortunately, pregnancy did not agree with my body (in a variety of respects) and I wound up regaining a lot of weight that I had worked hard to lose - plus more. I'm just a hair under 5'4 and was 190 lb when I joined a couple of weeks ago, so I have 50 pounds to lose to get back to my "happy weight".
I've started blogging here and would welcome friends who can relate.

Replies

• stanbrown3
    stanbrown3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey how's your first few days going? I've just started to put my running shoes back on too .
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. I am 44 and have 7 kids, but my older 4 are grown and out of the house. At home I do a 3 year old boy and 11 month old boy/girl twins. Luckily, the twin pregnancy wasn't too bad, but I still need to lose 20 pounds (10 until pre3 year old pregnancy, and 10 that I had before).
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Thanks! First couple of weeks are going well. I'm down about 3 pounds so far. I only had one meal that I couldn't log (restaurant meal with family while traveling with too many different little things to possibly keep track of; just tried to be smart about choices and portions). I'm actually surprised that I managed to lose at all given that we were traveling and eating out - which severely limits healthy low-cal options. But we were doing a lot of walking so that may have partially offset the food (and I managed to stay below maintenance calories every day).
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Sent request. Always use more friends to help with the struggles. :-)