NO JUDGEMENT PLEASE: 420 munchies hindering progress

Options
Ok so to start this off with i have a prescription for medicinal use of marijuana so regardless of your oppinion on the topic I'm looking for impartial or experienced advice here.
I find my self eating really well during the day then when it comes to my evening spliff self control decides to take a back seat and even if I've nothing unhealthy in the house I'll go out of my way to order in something ridiculous..
Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Or any suggestion on how I can overcome it? I know weed technically quickens your metabolism so it could even be beneficial if I could cut the crap out..

Replies

• beccatneedsaladder
    beccatneedsaladder Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Also if you're uncomfortable replying on this thread due to the topic- feel free to add & inbox me
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    It is all in your head. Weed doesn't give you the munchies, you want the munchies, the weed just lowers your inhibitions and gives you an excuse to over eat.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

I was just about to say this. What strain did you get? My perscription medicinal just makes me tired.
  • beccatneedsaladder
    Options
    I'll definitely look into that thank you!
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Frankly, if I know it's in the plan, I'll just eat less throughout the rest of the day to account for it. Or I'll find something that really absorbs my attention - I notice that I'm much less likely to want food when I find something to think about because it...takes me so long to think about things when I'm high that it can occupy me for very long amounts of time. :D
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It is all in your head. Weed doesn't give you the munchies, you want the munchies, the weed just lowers your inhibitions and gives you an excuse to over eat.

I agree with this 100%.
  • beccatneedsaladder
    Options
    alyssagb1 wrote: »

I agree with this 100%.

Your correct that it's all in your head, if your are referring to the fact that THC high strains effect the CB1 receptors in your brain, which are also connected to the hypothalamus which is the reward centre of the brain AKA the "treat yo self" headquarters .

But if you mean it's just an extreme case of late night cravings, nah, Soz guys I can't agree with that.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    My friend also has a mmj card and she says that it depends on what strain you smoke. According to her, different strains do different things. She's been able to lose weight while smoking/eating edibles. My suggestion: try low thc strains.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

8. Posts Must Abide By All Legal Statutes

a) Do not post messages that violate federal, state/provincial, or local laws which include, but are not limited to, anything that violates a copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or is bound by NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

b) Posts which promote or encourage illegal activities, including, but not limited to, use of illegal substances, violence against others, and procurement of prescription drugs without a prescription, are prohibited.

c) Images containing hateful or violent imagery, depiction of illegal activities, or copyrighted material are not allowed and will be removed.

Marijuana use is currently illegal at the federal level, as well as many state and local levels, therefore discussions related to its usage are prohibited on MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,

kgeyser
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.