Favourite protein bar?

Options
So many choices out there

Replies

• kathy0224
    kathy0224 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    RX bars. made in Chicago. egg whites, nuts & fruit. 12 grams of protein.
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the builders line, but I've started picking up Clif bars. My favorite's the oatmeal/raisin/walnut variety, but I'm looking forward to trying out the seasonal bars this fall and winter.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I like probar
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I have yet to find one that isn't a glorified (and overpriced) Snickers, so I started passing on them. That being said, I was a huge fan of Quest bars before I realized what they actually do to blood sugar.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    One bars are the best tasting, I think. Some have trans-fats though, if that's a thing that bugs you.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I have yet to find one that isn't a glorified (and overpriced) Snickers, so I started passing on them. That being said, I was a huge fan of Quest bars before I realized what they actually do to blood sugar.

Maybe you haven't looked very hard. A snickers bar provides only 4g of protein, and 12g of fat. Most protein bars beat that with ease.

• kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I need to try Oh Yeah One bars. I had a Irvine FitCrunch bar yesterday and it was pretty tasty (but high in calories). I also like Quest and Combat Crunch...Pure Protein is my go-to lower cost bar. Waiting for my local Costco to carry the Kirkland bars so I can try them.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options

Maybe you haven't looked very hard. A snickers bar provides only 4g of protein, and 12g of fat. Most protein bars beat that with ease.

He's not saying snickers are good, he's saying protein bars are junk food. :) HTH.
  • kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Simply Protein Bar Peanut Butter Chocolate is OK

us_peanut_butter_1.jpg
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    maaaasha wrote: »
    So many choices out there

Pure Protein Chocolate Salted Caramel. You can buy them at Walmart, or Sams Club in bulk. Taste good, and reasonably priced.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I love the One Protein bars, the birthday cake vanilla is my fav. Also, Combat Crunch bars are tasty and Quest. Balance bars are much cheaper and my favorite are the Mint Chocolate Chip Patty ones, they taste like a thin mint, although they are high in sugar, 17 grams :o
  • Limon421
    Limon421 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Kirkland protein bars. You can really check the out on Fooducate app.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    rh1mtph3e0k6.jpeg
    Limon421 wrote: »
    Kirkland protein bars. You can really check the out on Fooducate app.

I think the Kirkland brand are the old formula Quest. $18 for 20 bars.
  • heartofplastic
    heartofplastic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Skinnygirl or ThinkThin 150 calorie protein bars. I always choose the lowest calorie options and plus they taste GREAT!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Combat crunch.

Oh Yeah, especially chocolate caramel candies.

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Think Thin Chunky Peanut Butter lately.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I like the Mission 1 bars because of the low sugar alcohol content. I'll have to look for the Simply Protein bar, though. I don't think I've seen that one...
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    If im hard up for food I will eat a detour smart bar 130-150cals and 4 grams sugar. I can't stand the quest bar I have tried a few different ones and yuck I cant get past the odd taste. Has only tried the complete protein cookie ? Those bad boys are naughty, each cookie is 2 servs for 400 cals.
  • gjw1911
    gjw1911 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Quest for a sweet protein bar.
    Epic and Caveman for savory.