Magnesium Citrate tablets containing stearate

Options
Hi.

Can anyone help please.

I was advised to take magnesium tablets, but I've been informed to avoid tablets with Magnesium Oxide in as its difficult to absorb into the system, I was told to try Magnesium Citrate tablets 200mg which appear to contain stearate .

After looking on the web I see conflicting info relating to stearate.
Is it harmful for prolonged usage ?

I'm new to the site and unsure if you can post links displaying the product so don't want
to break any house rules.

Thanks for your help

Replies

• kingrat2014
    kingrat2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Look up Pure Vitamin Club, it has a Broad Spectrum Magnesium Caps. In my bottle 1 capsule has Magnesium Carbonate, Magnesium Glycinate, Magnesium Taurate and Magnesium Citrate. The only other ingredient is the Vegetable capsule from cellulose. From what I understand the stearate is used as a flow agent and with it being used as such, I do not want any of it.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I bought magnesium citrate, pure, in powder form from NOW. You just have to mix a half teaspoon in a cup of water and drink it. Directions on the bottle.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I use Natural Calm, which is a magnesium citrate powder with no additives (unless you buy a flavored variety). Lots of stores are running sales in it this month, since one of the major distributors of it is running it on sale this month. Might be worth looking into.

That said, magnesium stearate isn't harmful. It's just a tableting agent that helps the supplement hold together. If you're worried about it, either buy a capsulated form of it or a powdered form.
  • LiftandSkate
    LiftandSkate Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Natural Calm powder. I get it on Amazon.