Restarting at 10 pounds heavier than last time

Options
So in 2011, I went from 159 llb to 133, and was so happy with myself. I was exercising about 5 times a week for at least 45 mins and doing great.

But then, I left university, got a job with a long commute, shift work and 100 hour weeks, left my old sports club because I left the area. Fell back into bad eating habits. I've been avoiding the scales, but none of my clothes fit properly, and I was weighed yesterday for surgery and I'm at 168llb. I need help!

How do I work out and lose weight around my job? I already walk about 10km a day, so that doesn't work! I could do with some tips and tricks, and any support people can give me! Would also be looking for people in similar circumstances who would like to be friends? :)

Replies

• DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    yeah - eat less. Otherwise you're probably doing everything you need to do.
  • GirlAnachronismE
    GirlAnachronismE Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fair enough, I suppose. I was hoping for a little bit more maybe, since I work a job that makes it difficult to eat regular, planned meals and fit in any actual exercise that isn't alking
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    I am known as the bag lady at work due to the 3 bags I carry around, and one of them is full of food. I recommend purchasing a really nice lunch bag and food containers that will keep things cold. I pack lots of healthy food. Also, tuna and salmon packs are great to buy and leave at your desk/office area. I will grab one and eat it between meetings. But, for example, if you are a nurse....it's harder to carry a bag around. But, my husband is one, and I pack a healthy lunch for him in a nice lunch bag. I think prepping your food will help. It does take time, but it's worth it. Good luck.