Pokemon Go

Options
I've been walking soooooo much more because of Pokemon go; those eggs are a huge motivator. If you're doing the same add me. Added bonus-we can talk about the Pokemon we catch/hatch.

I'm a daily player and a daily logger.

My specs:

5"1
SW 226
CW 199
STG 194
LTG 140

Replies

• amaliacc
    amaliacc Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Agh! My heart just broke for you! Was it a 2k egg?
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Loving Pokemon Go!
    The highlight of my Pokemon catching adventures was finding an Omanyte on the boardwalk yesterday.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I play too. Was super excited to hatch a Meowth on my way home yesterday. I'm working on a 10k egg right now.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    My daughter is hooked. She says "I gotta go walk 3 miles to hatch some eggs." When I pick her up on campus she tells me I have to keep it under 20mph so PG thinks she is walking or riding a bike. Ha!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the game yet. Not interested but have heard the stories of people getting into car accidents, getting mugged/robbed and even being accused of child neglect because of their addiction to the game. Crazy!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I haven't seen the game yet. Not interested but have heard the stories of people getting into car accidents, getting mugged/robbed and even being accused of child neglect because of their addiction to the game. Crazy!

i don't think you can blame pokemon. i think they would have found some way to do equally rotten things. ingress for example
  • Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I've hatch 54 eggs so far, I love this game!! Add me :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,025 Member
    Options

I think most of those stories are exaggerated. I know lots of people who play and none have been in accidents, robbed/mugged or accused of child neglect. I do know lots of people who are getting out more, walking and socializing with friends to go play Pokemon. I think it's lots of fun and I would much rather play that than Candy Crush Saga or Angry Birds.
  • Woodsmoke
    Woodsmoke Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Love the app, I want the medal for km walked to go as far as possible! ^.^
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I love Pokemon Go. I play it with my kids. Such fun! We've been walking much more too.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I think most of those stories are exaggerated. I know lots of people who play and none have been in accidents, robbed/mugged or accused of child neglect.

You PokemonGo fans don't need to be defensive and you shouldn't be in denial either. All of the reports I have read have been posted on the Net by reliable news sources. All you have to do is Google them.

To me, it's a lot like how people walk while looking at their phone w/o regard to where they are going. I've seen people walk right into the street in front of traffic doing it and I've seen a person fall into a fountain doing this as well.

It's a hazard not limited to Pokemon Go. It's a function of people being careless, whether they are talking or texting or playing a game on their phone.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options

Nowt like a bit of superstition and luddite ignorance to add to the discussion, eh?

Have been enjoying hunting with the kids. Hatched a sodding Zubat and a flaming Rat, on our walk yesterday. Better today, with a second Pikachu and a Magikarp with lots of candy attached. On the bus :smiley:
  • ouryve
    Options
    I think most of those stories are exaggerated. I know lots of people who play and none have been in accidents, robbed/mugged or accused of child neglect.

You PokemonGo fans don't need to be defensive and you shouldn't be in denial either. All of the reports I have read have been posted on the Net by reliable news sources. All you have to do is Google them.

To me, it's a lot like how people walk while looking at their phone w/o regard to where they are going. I've seen people walk right into the street in front of traffic doing it and I've seen a person fall into a fountain doing this as well.

It's a hazard not limited to Pokemon Go. It's a function of people being careless, whether they are talking or texting or playing a game on their phone.

You don't need to walk staring at your phone, so these are rare incidences of idiots.

Generally, unless you've turned the setting off, you get buzzed if a pokemon appears and a quick glance when you suspect it will happen will tell you whether or not an egg has hatched. It's perfectly possible to walk to safety and stand still, if you need to deal with a capture or hatch.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,025 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

I'm not being defensive or in denial. I just don't think that someone who has no interest in a game and has never played it needs to chime in on a thread where people want to talk about it as being something that has improved their fitness or their enjoyment of being active. If you aren't interested then fine. No one wants you to be. But there are way more people playing Pokémon Go with no problems than the number of incidents you are describing. I never said that nothing like that ever happened. I just think that the percentage of people playing who have those problems is not that large.

I agree with the bolded part of your statement. So I see no reason for you to come on this thread just to scold people who play Pokémon Go. Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it isn't a worthwhile activity for others.
  • ouryve
    Options
    This is the only pokestop I regularly visit that has me ultra alert. The kerb in this picture no longer exists, yet taxis can drive over the now level pavement willy nilly and don't give a hoot about pedestrians. I actually hold my 12 year old's hands here!
    http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4321643
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    These Pokemon Go threads all seem to go the same way with the arguments back and forth on good vs silly. I'll just say I tried the game and it wasn't for me personally, but if you're playing responsibly and gets you up and moving then cool, go for it. Hopefully it's not sweltering hot outside there like it is here!
  • amaliacc
    amaliacc Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Your grandaughter sounds wise beyond her years