Working on a Saturday....

Options
OllyReeves
OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
SO I'm sat in the office, it's 9.34am.....it's beautiful outside, sunny and hot, and I'm stuck in here.....

I realise this is a serious first world problem, but whose worse off? Feel free to be smug if you're not :)

Replies

• Jennyflies
    Jennyflies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I work 6am to 6pm. SO that means right now Its Saturday and i get off at 6am JUST to come back at 6pm.......ick

I'd rather be at the state fair!
  • OllyReeves
    Options
    wow that does suck. what do you do?
  • TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Options
    working too!start at 6am.should be done bout 12pm tho:)
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    SO I'm sat in the office, it's 9.34am.....it's beautiful outside, sunny and hot, and I'm stuck in here.....

I realise this is a serious first world problem, but whose worse off? Feel free to be smug if you're not :)

I used to have a job where I worked on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays!! It's still to this day the worst job I've ever had!! And it was my first job for that matter!!
  • Jennyflies
    Jennyflies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    wow that does suck. what do you do?

I sit behind a desk and wait for an error to come in, so i can route it to the right department for printing. We have a huge printing facility that sends out large corporations bills, info etc.
  • diddles19
    diddles19 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My other half works every Saturday 9am to 5.30pm - I hate it as we only have Sundays together but then we have to visit my parents on Sunday mornings.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I'm doing six days a week (I get Sunday nights off) from 5:30 pm to 6am and living 1000 miles from home. I've been on this schedule for 3.5 months now, and it's starting to get to me. Only three weeks left though.
  • OllyReeves
    Options
    I'm doing six days a week (I get Sunday nights off) from 5:30 pm to 6am and living 1000 miles from home. I've been on this schedule for 3.5 months now, and it's starting to get to me. Only three weeks left though.

Gee hang in there man, that's quite something!
  • Happybunny37
    Happybunny37 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    We work 3/2 2/3 schedule, 1600(4 pm) - 0530 everyother weekend...but if you love what you do, you never work a day in your life....plus I retire in 3 years.

GO NAVY!:drinker:
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    5am to 2 pm..blah
  • Kayden1986
    Kayden1986 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    used to do 6 am to 2 pm every Saturday and 2 to ten pm every sunday for ten months :P

now im off the weekends.. for now... for now.. lol

but I have felt your pain in the past!!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Factory work here..... I usually work nights but I'm in from 6am to 2pm. I should be sleeping...

It could be worse. At least I have a job, right?
  • MaxlacusNight
    MaxlacusNight Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I work 6pm to 6am. Suck. I work at a vaccine manufacturing plant thought and it runs a 24 hour operation. So that's pretty cool.
  • reninger
    reninger Posts: 1
    Options
    Bash me if you'd like, but I think that abundance in all aspects is a gift, and work is a gift too. Love what you have -- because others aren't so lucky. I ran across a thought recently: "the things you take for granted ... someone else is praying for."

I think it really is as simple as looking at things a different way.
  • OllyReeves
    Options
    Bash me if you'd like, but I think that abundance in all aspects is a gift, and work is a gift too. Love what you have -- because others aren't so lucky. I ran across a thought recently: "the things you take for granted ... someone else is praying for."

I think it really is as simple as looking at things a different way.

I'm not going to bash you, I invited smugness....
  • KellyyT
    KellyyT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    you are not alone. i've been at work since 11pm last night! still here.. stuck for another 2 hours! and back again tonight and for the next 2 after that! the joys of working the midnight shift.
  • OllyReeves
    Options
    you are not alone. i've been at work since 11pm last night! still here.. stuck for another 2 hours! and back again tonight and for the next 2 after that! the joys of working the midnight shift.

Wow, what do you do?
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Same here. I work weekends and all holidays. I am lucky because my boyfriend is the same and we don't have kids yet.
    Our friends will give us stick if we won't stay out late on a Saturday but they won't come out for a night out during the week. Lol.
    My boyfriend is in at 5am so I'm just glad I'm not up that early. He is a professional golfer. We both :heart: our jobs.
    There is no way i would do them hours if I didn't love it.
  • rajathwalharris
    Options
    Hey Mr. Saturday at work guy...lol

I work 6:30 to 4:00 pm (mon-fri)....work hard and play on sat/suns....FINALLY......So I feel for you going in on a Saturday, but you must have days off during the week right?, that's pretty nice.... I figure, every one and their uncle is off on the weekends and it's so hard to get your errands done, where as on a week day, well, you know most of the masses are at work, so...there you go dude, a silver lining...in every cloud my friend!
    Cheers
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i work most weekends but at home, saturdays and sundays,
    but mostly admin stuff i dont have time to do during the week,

but its not too bad as i just jump on and and off the laptop over the course of the weekend to tidy things up so not there for 8 hours non stop, glad i am not stuck in an office though
    and get much more done without any office distractions and constant emails during the week (90% of which is just pointless nonsense)