Ideas for weight-loss milestone rewards? What are yours?

Options
I've seen some people on here with 'rewards' on their profiles, i.e. something that they are going to treat themselves to once they hit a particular weight loss milestone.

However I'm struggling to come up with ideas for what I could do for my rewards. I'm poor and don't have much money to spare, so I can't really afford for all my rewards to be something I have to buy. And obviously I don't want them to be food-based rewards if I'm trying to lose weight!

So just wondering if you all wanted to share your rewards for inspiration :)

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Had about the same problem, here is my post for ideas, there are some good ones. Reward ideas that aren't food or money based?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Besides hugging yourself while dancing, there's very little, it seems, that is free and non-food based. But one idea I liked is put a $1 in a jar for every pound you lose and when you hit a mile stone, or goal, than use that money you saved to buy something for yourself.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I started bulking, nearly doubling my calorie intake.
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Rewards are self inherent, losing weight, being healthy, libito increases, feel and look good.

Free reward ideas:

Write a blog about your journey and share it. This is amazingly self rewarding, even though it doesn't seem like it.

Climb a mountain (or hill) - woh workout in disguise and self empowerment to boot!

Volunteer - animal shelter, food shelter. Something you can now do because you are in better health.

Find local colleges tech schools that have free services. A cosmetology school down the street has reduced or free manicures/pedicures/hair cuts, etc given by students. Find a school of massage and get freebies from learning students. You'd be amazed at whats accessible for free if you look for it.

• fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Besides hugging yourself while dancing, there's very little, it seems, that is free and non-food based. But one idea I liked is put a $1 in a jar for every pound you lose and when you hit a mile stone, or goal, than use that money you saved to buy something for yourself.

This is a brilliant idea! I like it a lot. Hadn't thought of it. I'm English so it's a pound for a pound, haha. Although, I may do £2 per lb lost. I only have 25lbs to lose, so it will be a small kitty otherwise!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about a belly button piercing today. But then thought... no that won't work...
    I've tried other things like a nice dress or scented candles or manicures and hair styles.. new shoes...

I personally have never had them be motivating enough though.
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I was thinking about a belly button piercing today. But then thought... no that won't work...
    I've tried other things like a nice dress or scented candles or manicures and hair styles.. new shoes...

I personally have never had them be motivating enough though.

I get extremely excited at the very idea of scented candles. I hadn't thought about that. I love yankee candles, but they are so expensive. Maybe I could get one when I hit my halfway point or something.

Have you tried days out? maybe there's a show or a film you want to see in the cinema? Or a place you haven't visited that you want to explore?
  • kwebb25
    kwebb25 Posts: 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    What about learning to make scented candles? You can buy kits for it in places like hobbycraft. Or buying yourself some flowers, always a nice treat. Or a charity shopping spree
  • puddintot
    puddintot Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I treat myself to a new bath and body wash as my treat. I use them in the shower ONLY after I workout so it is a reward not only every 5 pounds, but also a treat each time I make it through a workout. Regular showers get regular soap etc so it keeps the expensive (to me) stuff special.