I maintain my weight loss for a week then go back. Need friends to motivate and stay on track

Hey my names Natisha I just started my fitness journey and fitness pal seems great so far. But before this I tried many ways to loose and maintain weight but failed so hopefully there are some people out there in the same boat that managed to find a way to loose and maintain!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited August 2016

If you go back to old ways of eating then that means weight gain if you are eating more than you burn.

When we get to goal we still have to be mindful of how much we are eating - it really only means getting a few hundred extra calories per day.

Stepping on the scales regularly and taking action if any gain is persistent after a few weeks is vital imo.
  • JoeCWV
    JoeCWV Posts: 213 Member
    Long term weight loss does not involve dieting. Long term weight loss involves a lifestyle change. You need to re-think how and what you eat. You need to re-think your exercise levels. What you do to lose weight is what you need to do to maintain, just with an increase in calorie load.
  • honorthecolors
    honorthecolors Posts: 33 Member
    Tisha__23 wrote: »
    Hey my names Natisha I just started my fitness journey and fitness pal seems great so far. But before this I tried many ways to loose and maintain weight but failed so hopefully there are some people out there in the same boat that managed to find a way to loose and maintain!

Don't let a few pounds upset you. Sometimes that's a matter of water and other liquid intake and retention. Weigh yourself at the same time and in the same clothing.