Fitbit tips

Options
Hi fit friends
I just bought a new charge HR Fitbit. Question for those who have one:
Do you sync it with the mfp app and int this app to track calories eaten? Or do you use the Fitbit food tracker??
All tips, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I sync mine with MFP and use Fitbit to track exercise and MFP to track food. My calories for the day go over to Fitbit, but I don't really mess with anything there.
  • babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have a flex and I use my fitbit for my exercise. I pretty much walk a lot then twice a week do some short strength training which I don't worry about tracking. My I use mfp for food and it syncs with fitbit
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR too and I sync it to MFP. I find it very helpful.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I sync mine with MFP and use Fitbit to track exercise and MFP to track food. My calories for the day go over to Fitbit, but I don't really mess with anything there.
    This is what I do, too. It's worked well for me for coming up on 4 years.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I use the Charge HR (I've used the Flex and One in the past also). I've always synced it to MFP and let it do the calorie adjustment. My food is added here (database is much larger).
  • Bruja924
    Bruja924 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR, but I find that it does NOT want to sync to MFP these days??? Not sure that the problem is
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

There's a really good FAQ thread in this group that will tell you pretty much all you need to know.

I disconnected my Fitbit from MFP because I had a lot of syncing issues.
  • Bruja924
    Bruja924 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @_dracarys_
    So what are you using to track your steps?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Bruja924 wrote: »
    @_dracarys_
    So what are you using to track your steps?

I wear the Fitbit, I just don't send any info to MFP. I have my calorie goal set to reflect the TDEE I got from Fitbit over time, minus 20%. Unless I'm not understanding your question...