Should I be here?

Ok so when I started my weight loss, my goal was 8 and a half stone (119lbs/55kg). I'm 5ft 1 btw. Before having kids I was very small, too small in my opinion at 7 and a half stone. So after my first son, I yo-yo'ed a bit and settled at about 8 and a half stone which I was happy with so that's why I chose it as my goal weight. Anyway another child, change in job/activity levels saw me go up to 10st! Last year I got down to 9st 4lbs but messed it up and gave up. Now to the point...I'm now at my goal weight! I have been doing something called Powerwave as well as on a protien rich 1200cal diet. Powerwave is HIIT but strength training at the same time. I'd try to explain but Google would do a better job. Anyway, although at my goal weight, my stomache still isn't where I want it to be. I know, I know...you've heard that a million times! Anyway, my Powerwave instructor has assured me that if I eat at maintenance and carry on with the Powerwave I will see results. Should I continue trying to lose that last bit of stubborn fat around my middle or go on to maintenance (1490 cals) and do as she says? I've had great results everywhere else...my legs are like rocks, my arms are 'Jen An' toned and I've lost my back fat and muffin top. I just want a toned tummy. It's not 'flabby' as in it looks pretty flat under a tight tee but I can still grab some fat and I wouldn't feel comfortable in a bikini.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Recomposition...there's a thread here somewhere, do a search

But yes, keep training and eat at maintenance...but I'm pretty sure that will be more than 1490 calories
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Your maintenance, if moderately active, would be more like 2000-2100
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    edited August 2016
    I'm not active at all as I'm taking 3 months off work. I am filling my days with lots of housework/running around after the kids but after some advice from people here on MFP I've set my activity level as not very active. I log my workouts and steps and eat most of the calories back. I do ' guess' what my calorie burn is when I do a Powerwave session as their FAQ's page on their website says anything between 300-700 cals so as I'm only little and I'd rather underestimate I log as 400 cals per session. That gives me 1860 on my workout days (normally 4/5 days a week). I'm more than happy on those...feeling full and I get a few treats in....much better than the 1200 I've been on! :smiley: