Ever have a day where you just can't seem to feel full?

Options
Took a rest day today from the usual Cardio routine (+550 calories per run) . Already close to my non-exercise days tdee and it's not even dinner. Ate very clean and balanced today but just don't seem to feel full and want to keep eating.

Ever have one of those days? What seems to trigger the body to not feel full even on a low activity day? Haven't been running much of a deficit lately so surprised I'm so hungry today.

Replies

• oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I just put it down to the mystery of hormones. I find that the super hungry days are balanced by the not hungry at all days, so I don't get too worried if I eat more on the ravenous days, as there are days when I come in under my calorie goal too.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sometimes it's hormones, and sometimes it's psychology (stress), and sometimes it's time to check the fiber levels. It does help.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of cardio. Bring that apparent amount of calories each day your metabolism will be working over time and will carry on to the next day if day of rest. I don't think you have to eat to your tdee just because u have a day of rest. Your over all weekly intake won't be effected if you eat over your tdee on your rest day if over all you are under. So don't punish yourself by restricting on a rest day. You should refuel so you can get back into it the next day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    I swim on the weekends. I noticed I wasn't extra hungry on Sunday, my swim day, and left 400 calories uneaten, but I was extra hungry on Monday.
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    IF you're hungry, and a big glass of water hasn't helped, then your blood sugar is probably low. You may be on a "diet", but you need to listen to your body. Eating more than your allowance once a day isn't the end of the world and will make you feel better about yourself.
    Remember you are on a lifetime change, not a short term fix.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    If you're female.. yeah, i always have at least one PMS day when I could eat constantly and still have hunger pains. Hormones suck sometimes. Depending on how bad it is, sometimes I suck it up and power through...other times I just give in and eat my way through the day unfortunately.
  • PreachersWife276
    PreachersWife276 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I call them "Hollow Days" because my tummy feels hollow... like a bottomless pit, lol. I may have just eaten, but I actually feel like I haven't had anything at all.
    I know your struggle.
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My last couple of days have been horrendous, especially last night - I could have eaten a horse and that was after a large meal :|

Not as bad today.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am hungrier on days that I eat more carbs and not enough protein. To clarify, I don't limit carbs at all. But I do try to meet my protein goals each day. If my protein is too low I definitely feel extremely hungry.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Yes. They suck and so the opposite days where I feel bloated and don't really have a huge appetite, but I had planned a great meal I was looking forward to for days. I don't understand hunger at all.

Best one is when I down 3000 cals one evening and wake up the next morning starving. Not mental hunger, real physical stomach grinding hunger. WTF...?
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've also had days where I've eaten over maintenance and have seen a couple lb whoosh effect where I lose weight the next morning.

It'd odd. Maybe it's the body's way of telling me I'm due for a re-feed.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    powered85 wrote: »
    Took a rest day today from the usual Cardio routine (+550 calories per run) . Already close to my non-exercise days tdee and it's not even dinner. Ate very clean and balanced today but just don't seem to feel full and want to keep eating.

Ever have one of those days? What seems to trigger the body to not feel full even on a low activity day? Haven't been running much of a deficit lately so surprised I'm so hungry today.

Yesterday was like that for me.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    powered85 wrote: »
    I've also had days where I've eaten over maintenance and have seen a couple lb whoosh effect where I lose weight the next morning.

It'd odd. Maybe it's the body's way of telling me I'm due for a re-feed.

That happened to me a few times too. I go over my calories between 500-1000 and get up the next morning expecting a gain but may have lost 2 lbs. Hormones are definitely a weird thing.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    oolou wrote: »
    I just put it down to the mystery of hormones. I find that the super hungry days are balanced by the not hungry at all days, so I don't get too worried if I eat more on the ravenous days, as there are days when I come in under my calorie goal too.

I totally agree. It happens to me and I really believe it's hormonal eating. Mine usually subsides after that day. I always give in and keep eating. Thank goodness it doesn't happen frequently.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    A couple of days before my period starts I turn into a ravenous beast. :s Thankfully, it subsides quickly, before any real damage is done.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I swim on the weekends. I noticed I wasn't extra hungry on Sunday, my swim day, and left 400 calories uneaten, but I was extra hungry on Monday.

Sometimes I won't get all my calories eaten on a heavy exercise day. I'm just not as hungry as I think I should be, and have all these extra calories left over. But then the next day I'm starving and I end up using those extra calories after all!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Sometimes I won't get all my calories eaten on a heavy exercise day. I'm just not as hungry as I think I should be, and have all these extra calories left over. But then the next day I'm starving and I end up using those extra calories after all!

That happened to me all the time when I was lifting.