Do you have unusual goals?

Options
Most of the time when you think of goals it's something like "50 lbs" or "5lbs by next week." My goals are a little different.

Hit 315
Be under 300 lbs.
Be able to wear jeans again.
Be able to reach my toes to paint them and trim my toenails.
Be able to hug my knees.
Be able to be picked up by my husband.
Be able to cross my legs.
Reach my goal!
Wear a bikini. (That's an after goal thing.)

See. Not so much numbers (Except in the beginning) as in achievements. Anyone with similar goals?

Replies

• LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Sort of, most of my goals are number oriented, but some aren't.

1. Be able to run for 2 miles, straight, no stopping.
    2. Be thin/healthy enough to wear a certain outfit I already have picked out.
    3. Run a full marathon (this one is WAY into the future)

^ Those are not number associated. Then there's hit 100 pounds lost. Hit 115 lost, putting me at my HS senior weight... and so forth.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I have weight goals, exercise goals (for example, find an exercise I actually like), and NSV goals (many of which, including fitting into my dream shorts, I've recently reached).
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    To beat my friend at arm wrestling.
    And then pick him up with one hand and triumphantly throw him across the room.
  • lollie_789uk
    lollie_789uk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    To have my husband pick me up is something I am aiming for. And to feel comfortable.. Ahem, on top during sex.
  • BIGSeanM
    BIGSeanM Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My biggest goal right now is to one day live a VERY active life with my family. I have VERY overweight, but my not so secret dream is to one day be able to complete a Triathlon.

Wow, you know, this is a great post because it really has me thinking. I need to make a list of activities that I WILL do one day. I have to change my mindset from worrying about a number on the scale, rather than mostly concerning myself with activities that will be fun, and that will keep me healthy just by doing them.

BIG Sean
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    To not see fat rolls from my bra.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ever really had any unusual goals. I just wanted to be healthier and look nicer so I felt more like the pre mummy me. Now I'm approaching my goal I just really want to reach it and keep toning in the hope that I'll be able to wear a bikini next summer.
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    My biggest goal was to be able to jump into my boyfriends arms with no warning and have him be able to lift me.

Now its kind of annoying because he can just scoop me up despite my protests from whatever im doing and cart me off to the bedroom, haha :P
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This is a great way to look at goal setting, because every single one of them are 100% attainable and realistic. Goals like "I want to lose ten pounds in two weeks" is 1) possible, but no guarantee and 2) not realistic. Setting goals like that might set you up for failure in the end.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I love physical performance and would love to reach Cirque du Soleil level of fitness and performance.

My current goal which I think is achievable are muscleups.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I want to do a pull-up. Or 5!
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    1. Not feel the annoying wobble when I walk
    2. Not getting fat like a lot of relatives of mine sadly are
    3. Run 2 miles without stopping
    4. Not feel ashamed when showing my belly in public (bikini etc.)
    5. Be fit for the zombie apocalypse! :)
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    To bring Sexy back!!!
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    my goals was like this when i started also now they are more number oriented

- no more backpain in the morning (done)
    - be able to put on socks (done)
    - not running out of breath putting on shoes (done)
    - be able to cross my legs (done)
    - fit into my old jeans (not done)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I want to do a pull-up. Or 5!

This is on my list of goals, too.

To average 22% body fat.

To successfully finish the Strong lift program.

To go for a long bike ride. Maybe 10 miles.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I lost 28lbs and got to the size I wanted to be, now I'd like to be able to do a fell run. I had a go the other day, but was really out of breath going up hill and had to give up half way in. I've started training for it by building some more hills into my general runs and pushing myself a lot harder.
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    To be able to get on my horse without using the tailgate of the truck!
  • JessieNeutronGirlGenius
    Options
    My goals are very important!

1. Be under 130 and maintain it
    2. Take a spin class and not die...
    3. Wake up earlier and go to bed earlier
    4. Run more than one mile without stopping
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hmm. My goals are energy, endurance, strength, flexibility, and looking good for my wife. Overall the key aspects of health.

My _measurement_ of progress toward these goals involves numbers. I look in the mirror and assess how many pounds I need to lose, and make my best guess as to what weight that will be.

I know I want to build muscle. I track how many lifts of how many pounds.

This keeps me motivated an on track.
    Same with cardio and heart rate.
    Same with how close my fingers get to my toes when I bend over.
    Same with belt size.

I doubt most people have numbers as their true goals, with perhaps the exception of those involved in physical competition of one sort or another. (And that competition can be with one's self -- setting PRs etc)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do a full push up. Just one. I keep working my arms and shoulders, but can't quite seem to get there. Maybe this morning will be the day.