Friends don't let friends use auto alerts

Options
sutibo
sutibo Posts: 71 Member
I'm looking for friends who are actual people and interact as people rather than just automated messages.

I would much rather that you write an update telling me about your workout, what you did, whether it was good/bad, etc rather than the MFP robot telling me that "Stan burned 200 calories doing Running" (you have to imagine that in a Robot Voice - like twiki from buck rogers (youtube), not like night rider, that wasn't a proper robot voice.).

So, I've turned off most auto alerts on my profile so you won't get those messages from me and I'm looking for friends who think the same. Please add me.

The only auto alerts you get from me are:
1. When I have new friends. I like it when my friends make friends with other friends or when I make friends with friends of friends. It's about community.
2. If I go missing. Feel free to call me out and send me a message to get me back - I'll do the same.

I can't promise that I'll be amusing or insightful but I will be responsible* for the things that appear on my feed.

(*NOTE: do not hold me responsible for anything that appears on my feed, I'm in a calorie deficit and therefore sugar starved and confused.)

If you want to turn off the auto messages that you send out you can do that here:
Home
- Settings
- - Automatic News Feed Update Settings
- - uncheck the various boxes.

Replies

• sutibo
    Options
    Sorry, just to add. I'm not being a dick about it, the auto updates suit some people, it's just that I probably get 50 auto updates to every 1 update that someone has actually spent time on, and I'd rather concentrate on the ones that have a real person behind it.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hey I am pretty like minded! I will friend you :)
  • PoundChaser2
    PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I didnt even know you could turn those off.
  • sutibo
    Options
    Runngurl43 wrote: »
    I didnt even know you could turn those off.

Don't let MFP put words in your mouth. Resist the robots. If we've learnt anything from Arnold it's about the danger of robots taking over the world - or the danger of sending an FBI agent to work in Kindergarden - or the danger of combining DNA to make a perfect child (Twins).

The second two we can't do anything about but the first one we definitely can.
  • saintshoc
    saintshoc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just turned mine off as well thanks for the heads up.