Do any of you have a cheat day?

Options
13»

Replies

• slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as long as I keep within my calorie count for the day. This is the best "diet" I have ever been on! It is now almost 2 months and I haven't looked back. I am sure I can stick this out until I have reached my goal weight and beyond. I do not feel deprived or need a cheat meal, I guess everyday is a cheat day for me lol.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I eat as healthy as possible 5 to 12 days...as soon as the scale stops moving downward, or bounces for 3 to 4 days I have a cheat "MEAL", not an entire cheat day, I try to have it by 4PM, and I log every bite........it seems to keep me moving downward....but I agree with others...everyone has to find what works for them:) Good lick!

Yes!!! I find this true for me too. I will be losing great, eating healthy...then it starts to slow or sort of teeter. I indulge a little and have some cheat food and BAM...losing again.
  • MarishaRea
    MarishaRea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat days because I don't deprive myself If I want a packet of crisps or an alcoholic drink I have it but I fit it into my daily calories. If I kept cheating myself I just wouldn't lose the weight :-)
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I having my cheat day today starting actually in the evening.

Proteins & veggies only during day.
    Full body depletion work in afternoon.
    Massive 24 hour carb refeed in evening with goal of hitting 1000g+ Carbs...
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I work it in on a weekly basis. Eating a really huge meal usually makes me feel like crap now, though. I thought I would spurge when we went out for our anniversary. I'm sure my husband found it very romantic when I spent the car ride home groaning and rubbing my stomach.
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the great advice guys. I appreciate it! :)

I should of held my self back before posting, and done my daily meal planning in the mornings like I always do. I have NO clue why I was freaking out so much about this meal. I just started my diet 3 weeks ago, and never looked at the total calorie intake for the meal itself. :))

Remaining calories for the day: 548 Net: 662 after all my meals and vitamins.

I subbed the white rice for brown rice too.

Ty Honsi, this is definitely going to be a TREAT! :)
    LoL Yeah fair enough. I suppose I just get concerned and irked by the marketing of food towards women in particular; eg having cake is 'naughty' or 'sinful' 'indulgent' etc and having a bit of chocolate cos you have been 'good' or you somehow 'deserve it' etc
    I have found it helpful no to see food in that way anymore my relationship with food is better especially as I no longer see food as a reward or a treat etc
    Makes me sound like a right miserable bugger! I eat plenty of things just cos i enjoy them.
    Hey dieting / watching what you eat is hard enough so whatever gets you through it.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I generally don't, but if I do have a place that I know I'm going to splurge at, I usually manipulate the numbers over the long haul to make it work.
  • alylaurel
    Options
    That is a great idea and for people who are very strict during the week "deserve" a cheat meal. Not an all day binge, but a treat. Keeps us sane and happy. If you are having little cheats during the week in addition, it wont kill you, but that is where you might be sabotaging the opportunity to see real results. 1 day a week, 1 meal, or 1 treat (sunday is my cheat day).

Keep calm, and cheat on :)
  • sandieh04
    Options
    I will cheat and have something unhealthy occasionally if I am really craving something but I try and work it off so I still stay under or close to my alloted calories.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    me do cheat day,,but not always or everyday,, just once a week, once a month or once a year or depends on occasion or my mood,,

me eat a lot of junkfoods,pizza,cheeseburger,sweets & processed foods or fast foods :love: :happy: :embarassed:
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I don't plan cheat days. I sometimes have them, but more often I'll eat a cheat meal if it fits in my calories. Which is totally fine.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    In moderation, one day or one meal will not kill your progress. The sodium may set you back a day or so, but after that, you shouldn't see any negative affects..
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yep. Every week. It's usually Coke (the stuff in the red can...don't want anyone to get the wrong idea).:smile: