Review my workout plan

Options
My goal is to tone up allover but main focus is glutes and abs. Pls let me know if these exercises are helpful for achieving my goal :) also the glute exercises make the workout last 2 hrs, any ideas on that? Do i do glutes on a different day? Pick certain exercises?
seps1ega9blzwp3.jpg2qz0w4rwf68x.jpg

Do you think the last 2 kettlebell workouts should also be done 1x a week?
56wjmaccrmm9.jpg
crirm6l00syf.jpg

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I glanced at this...no barbell squats, deadlift, barbell bench press, etc? Also, are you trying to add muscle? If yes, I don't think a circuit style workout is best, and why only two workouts per week?

what are your goals?

Look into a structured program like strong lifts, all pro beginner routine,etc.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    it's a lot of isolation moves, very little compound, and missing some of the most effective moves like deadlift (which can be done with dumbbells). Personally, I would get on a structured program.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What they said. If you want to build muscle you want to be lifting heavy with progressive overload. There are tons of books/references out there. I read Thinner, Leaner, Stronger by Michael Matthews (geared towards women who want to build muscle) and it was really helpful to me as a beginner.
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I workout @ home 5x a week - this was given to me by a trainer. Where else would I be able to find a plan?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Then do what the trainer told you to do - you will get a million opinions from a variety of "experts" on here.....
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    s_hossein wrote: »
    I workout @ home 5x a week - this was given to me by a trainer. Where else would I be able to find a plan?

There are tons of well rounded programs out there
  • ndj1979
    edited August 2016
    Options

what does your at home workout look like?

look into strong lifts, all pro beginner, wendler's etc...or go to the link that @psulemon posted....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    Then do what the trainer told you to do - you will get a million opinions from a variety of "experts" on here.....

OP was given a number of structured programs to pick from that were designed by pros...

just because someone is a "trainer" does not make them any kind of expert...
  • s_hossein
    Options
    I do the upper&lower body that I posted, but I just wanted to know if they're any good to build glutes and get flat abs..
    Im guessing the arm workouts aren't that great?

Should I use StrongCurves for lower body only then?
  • psuLemon
    Options

You will maximize your results with a good 3 day full body routine, especially if you are relatively new. There are a few dumbbell routines in the link I provided and even some body weight ones. I would do one of those on 3 days and then do 2 days of HIIT/Cardio. I workout at home as well, and that is what I do.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Also, flat abs comes from the kitchen. You need a calorie deficit to cut the fat.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    Also, flat abs comes from the kitchen. You need a calorie deficit to cut the fat.

Okay, I chose the m&s full body workout for 3 days and the cardio would be for abs right?
    Also, Is 40g fat a day too much?

• rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    also to grow calves you will ave to hit them much harder...they (to me) are the hardest muscle to grow.
  • s_hossein
    Options
    rebel_26 wrote: »
    also to grow calves you will ave to hit them much harder...they (to me) are the hardest muscle to grow.

Thats true.
    Now its even harder to find a workout that transforms my entire body. Not many focus on glutes too

• psuLemon
    Options

Okay, I chose the m&s full body workout for 3 days and the cardio would be for abs right?

Body fat and dietary fat are not the same thing. Cut calories will cut body fat. So whether you have 40g of fat or 100g, body fat is loss is controlled by calories.

So how many calories are you eating?

Also, the M&S workout is pretty good. I have another client I am working with that using it. It's complete total body and the overall volume is fairly good, until you can use a barbell. Alternatively, you can do a program like StrongCurves and modify for the equipment you have.

But if you really like lower body focus, nothing will beat SC.
  • s_hossein
    Options

Body fat and dietary fat are not the same thing. Cut calories will cut body fat. So whether you have 40g of fat or 100g, body fat is loss is controlled by calories.

Also, the M&S workout is pretty good. I have another client I am working with that using it. It's complete total body and the overall volume is fairly good, until you can use a barbell. Alternatively, you can do a program like StrongCurves and modify for the equipment you have.

2000-2500 calories

Yes, Id like to build my lower body but I also want to tone my arms etc.

Are the ab workouts I posted ok?

• mostein
    mostein Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    How heavy is the kettlebell you are using?
  • psuLemon
    Options

2000-2500 calories

Yes, Id like to build my lower body but I also want to tone my arms etc.

Are the ab workouts I posted ok?

Ab workouts are fine.

Are you currently gaining weight, maintaining or losing?
  • s_hossein
    Options
    mostein wrote: »

I can lift 5-8 kg dumbells to use them, but I can hold heavier depending on exercise
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    mostein wrote: »

I can lift 5-8 kg dumbells to use them, but I can hold heavier depending on exercise

So you are using dumbbells for the kettlebell exercises? Kettlebells are awesome for building dense muscle BUT you are going to need to work up to heavier weights for that to happen. I guess it really all depends on what you are trying to get out of these workouts. You say your focus is glutes and abs but what are you wanting to see happen in those areas?