MFP's calorie goal

Options
If MFP won't give you a goal of less than 1200, WHY DOES IT LET PEOPLE SET THEIR OWN GOAL BELOW 1200?!

It did this way before it rolled out the option of changing calorie goals for every day of the week. I don't get it. Surely it goes against the whole "we don't promote VLC diets" thing if people can set their general calorie goal to stupid numbers like 850?

And surely if they can work it so that your personalised macros have to add up to 100%, they can implement something that forces your personalised calorie goal to add up to a minimum of 1200 a day, even if it's 500 one day, 1800 the next, etc.

It just seems extremely irresponsible to let people set goals that contravene the basic principle of MFP.

Replies

• Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't matter. You can set your goal to 1200 then only count to 830 every day or something.
  • battyfitch
    battyfitch Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    True. But at least it would follow their own guideline of not supporting/encouraging dangerous diets to keep the numbers from being set so low.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    make a suggestion in the feedback section...
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can truly think of is individuals that are following a VLCD per doctor's orders, but even that is a stretch.

Then again, this and many other things about logging have been brought to their attention without change. So I don't expect much.