Indy_Fit52_Connection

Options
Hey fellow Indianapolis fitness pals,

Fit52 is a metaphor for a healthy lifestyle - aka 52 weeks of fitness. I was hoping we could start a discussion of what that looks like on a day-to-day basis. The highs, the lows and everything in between. What does a healthy Hoosier lifestyle look like to you and what distracts you from living it.

I'm looking forward to connecting with the Indianapolis fitness community and best of luck towards your fitness goals.

Train hard, Live well. Jon

Replies

• nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    I grew up in Terre Haute and went to school in Muncie - does that count? I live in Col, OH now........

But in all seriousness, this is an interesting conversation and I'm eager to see what my fellow mfp-ers say.

Over 3 months in to this journey, I still struggle day to day. I know that I have found that I can't restrict myself and I can't get into a rut. I've found that (shock! surprise!) it's all about moderation.

I have friends on here who are on the shakeology plans; who do South Beach, who do low carb, what have you. I just don't think it's a possibility to stick with one group of foods, or to say you can never have a certain food, ever again. For me, it's just not feasible.

Some people get on this health kick and somehow their thinking completely changes. They never eat fast food anymore, they never eat anything "bad." Well, I'm not like that, at least not yet. I still crave McDonald's. Yes, I'm more conscious about it, but I still want it. I still want ice cream. And macaroni and cheese. And Starbucks. I've just found that I CAN have these things - just in smaller portions. Measure out an actual serving. Don't get a large when I can get a medium.

Anyway..........that's my perspective.
  • IndyFit52
    IndyFit52 Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanks for the input! And I was born in Columbus so of course you can participate. My unhealthy foods of choice are Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers, anything from Penn Station, Dr. Pepper, and mocha frappachinos. And even though my philosophy on food is to eat seasonally and eat naturally, my overall philosophy of wellness is that fitness should lead to improved quality of life. I think it's far unhealthier to label certain things Forbidden Foods and battle the psychological guilt of binging and purging on those items than to practice what you try to do.

Good thoughts!