Obese SOS

Options
fatkhanass
fatkhanass Posts: 10 Member
edited August 2016 in Getting Started
Hey guys
Im 23
And I'm on a weight loss journey since 9 days. I have my convocation coming up on 20th October!
I'm 249lb (morbid obese) and in desperate need of a "you can do it"
SOS guys

I have no access to any gym so I have to help my self out at home but desperately need motivation!!!!

Replies

• DanielleTake2
    DanielleTake2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    fatkhanass wrote: »
    Hey I'm on a weight loss journey for 9 days. I have my convocation coming up.
    I'm 249lb and in desperate need of a "you can do it"
    SOS guys

You can ABSOLUTELY do it!!!

It takes 21 days of consistent logging for it to become a habit. You're almost half way there!!!!
  • fatkhanass
    Options
    Daniel this means so much to me
    Thankyou so much ❤️❤️❤️

I'm 23 and not sharing this journey with anyone
    Want my big reveal on my Convocation and and I have lost just 2kg since I started and I'm bummed out
  • DanielleTake2
    DanielleTake2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I don't post in the communities very often, but I'm trying to log my food more consistently.

Keep it up!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Of course you can do it.

I'm hoping you mean you're 9 days in on your weight loss journey not that you're trying to lose weight for your convocation in 9 days' time (which is how I first read it). Just keep logging what you're eating, be honest with what you're logging and stay close to your calorie goal. You'll do great!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    When is your convocation? Weight loss is a slow process so best advice I can give you is to focus on a long term lifestyle so that you can maintain your weight loss.

You've got this!
  • fatkhanass
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @SueInAz Thankyou ! I edited my info !

I have my convocation in October

But since I have no gym
    And I'm only sticking to the calorie count

I'm worried I won't make an impact till that date
  • fatkhanass
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @johunt615 convocation is in October

Will I atleast lose as much as people would notice a difference in me?? :'(

Plus I don't have access to any gym
    Will sticking to the calorie goal help me make that difference?
  • DavidMoore2696
    DavidMoore2696 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!! I was a 8 year rugby player with a college scholarship at my feet. I had everything going for me at a lean mean 230 lbs. of muscle. I was in a hit and run car accident that shattered my life, family , friends, aspirations. I didn't get my scholarship and I was lost. By the 315 lb. mark I knew my life had to change. I am now kicking *kitten* and taking names in the gym like I used to. If you EVER need some motivation just message me! I am 20 years old and finally living how I should.
  • fatkhanass
    Options
    I have no access to any gym @DavidMoore2696
  • goodbyemyfatness
    goodbyemyfatness Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Daniel this means so much to me
    Thankyou so much ❤️❤️❤️

I'm 23 and not sharing this journey with anyone
    Want my big reveal on my Convocation and and I have lost just 2kg since I started and I'm bummed out

Hey! I'm just starting again too! I'm notorious for starting hard then fizzling out. And this time is it, this is different. You can do it too! Let's get healthy together!!
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I do not use a gym..I have lost 71 pounds in 5 months..and I am going to be 58 in Sept..You have got this..just make up your mind..start moving and don't look back!
  • fatkhanass
    Options
    Moving how @BiggDaddy58 :'(
  • goodbyemyfatness
    Options
    @johunt615 convocation is in October

Will I atleast lose as much as people would notice a difference in me?? :'(

Plus I don't have access to any gym
    Will sticking to the calorie goal help me make that difference?

My sister in law and my husband are huge fitness people - like the ones you see in magazines. No joke. And here I am. But you'll notice a difference very soon. Give it 3 weeks of consistency. Don't watch the scale, watch yourself. Take pictures at the start here, then pics again at the 3 week mark. Notice how your clothes are fitting.

Also, DON'T CRASH DIET. Those pounds won't stay off. Weigh once a week. What I started doing now (with the help of my hubby and his sister) is that I've devised a plan. Here's how it's going:

1. Keep a calendar. Each day that you stay on track, make a star on the calendar. If you indulge one day, make a sad face. Each sunday, weigh yourself first thing in the morning and write that weight on the calendar. If your weight isn't moving, look back at the week and see how you did. Maybe you had more sad faces than stars. Then use that as motivation for the coming week. Also, if you overdo the eating for a meal one day, the whole day isn't ruined. My sister in law gave me this metaphor. If you got a crack in your phone screen, you wouldn't keep cracking it, or smashing it. No way, you can manage with a crack but then you're careful after that. Same goes with the eating.

2. For working out, start out slow. 3-4 days a week for 20 to 30 mins. And make sure you stick to your schedule. Do a combo of cardio and strength training and slowly, over time, ramp up your distance and your weight. Then add a day. Don't start working out 6 days a week in the beginning because you'll burn out. And workouts can be at home. Cardio consists of anything that gets your heart rate pumping. Run circles around your yard, do jumping jacks and different calisthenics. Use the Swork It app - it's a good one.

These are all advice I've gotten from my family and I'm telling you, WE CAN ALL DO THIS!
  • goodbyemyfatness
    Options
    Oh, and sorry to be so overbearing, I'm just really passionate about this. I've had the "epiphany". But also, another bit of advice, don't completely give up everything you love. Track your food. Go lighter on a meal if you want to indulge in a little something. Or find recipes online that swap out unhealthy stuff for good stuff that still kind of tastes like something you're craving. And her best piece of advice I think was that, when a craving strikes, tell yourself you can have it later. Like, don't eat it now, tell yourself you'll eat it later and likely, the craving will pass or you'll forget about it. That's really helped me already today even.

Good luck girlie! You'll do great. Message me any time and we can be each other's support!
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Yes you can lose enough for folks to notice by October.

Start counting your calories, drink water, get outside and start walking. Oh and get 7-8 hrs of sleep at night as this helps with hunger.
  • fatkhanass
    Options
    @goodbyemyfatness I did message you ! Don't know how to add you though

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEE your motivation
    Thankyou
  • fatkhanass
    Options
    Love you so much @johunt615
    Means the world to me ❤️
  • OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That's Right! I read that somewhere recently. Any habit can be broken and a good habit replaces it in 21 days!
    Hey I'm on a weight loss journey for 9 days. I have my convocation coming up.
    I'm 249lb and in desperate need of a "you can do it"
    SOS guys

You can ABSOLUTELY do it!!!

It takes 21 days of consistent logging for it to become a habit. You're almost half way there!!!!

• fatkhanass
    Options
    @OneWayOnly1912 I just hope that people see a difference in me when they see me in October
    I have no high hopes though
  • fatkhanass
    Options
    Didn't have any high hopes till I met you wonderful people