6 months till I'm 30 .. how much can I lose?

Options
Hello all,

I am now officially the heaviest I have ever been.

I have been depressed, had bad injuries, and a load more excuses which have led me to becoming 220 lbs which is making me more depressed and aggravating my injuries even more.

I have to do something NOW.

I am fasting for the next 27 days because of the Islamic month of Ramadan, which in London means no food or drink from 3 am till 9:20 pm. Usually every Ramadan when we are allowed to eat, I binge terribly. This year I want to actually benefit from the fast and improve my health and reduce my weight. Wouldn't it be lovely if I could wear a pretty dress for Eid? I know realistically I won't lose a miracle amount in one month, especially with no exercise, but losing something would be good ... half a stone maybe? 7 lbs?

After Ramadan I plan on doing the intermittent fasting, but probably not every other day, maybe just 3 days a week.

I lose motivation very easily which is why I'm hoping a website like this will help.

Because of bad knee injuries, exercise is very limited, but I do want to get a good pair of supportive trainers and start walking.

I am an Open University student and have worked for years as an English teacher in Cairo.

well that's a little about me.

Lisa

Replies

• MrJamsieboi
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

I am in the same boat approaching 30 next year and starting to think if I don't do it now it is never going to happen. Also an OU student which I have motivation problems with lol not just the exercise and dieting.

Good luck.