Weight Loss Improve Exercise Efficiency

Options
Hi, I'm Gary,
I'm 63. I've been using MFP for a couple of years and did lose a bit of weight with the calorie counting. I'm trying to lose 40 or 50lbs. Cycling (road) but I've also started doing cardio/wt with kettlebells doing a ten minute routine when I'm not cycling. I burn on average 700 calories for a one hour cycle. I'm lucky cause I have a very large and high bridge that I incorporate into my cycle. In the winter I cross country ski and snowshoe but here in eastern Canada the snow falls have become quite pathetic. I have been using a Garmin Forerunner 305 HRM for 3 years. It doesn't upload calories for non-GPS activities (like cardio workouts) with Garmin Express so I guess I'm going to have to update my Garmin to one that will. I know the technology has changed considerably since I bought my 305...... Cheers! Gary

Replies

• MsLadyTAW
    MsLadyTAW Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your post Gary. My name is Teresa and I live in California where the seriously pathetic snow fall has taken away my love of cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. I've been going to Tahoe and the Sierras most of my life to play in the snow. We haven't had snow for so long that our government agency that researches snow in our area shut down. I'm now spending more time kayaking instead of worrying about the snow issues, but there is a mourning period to every loss. Your post caught my eye because I have kayaked Canada a few times and think there is paradise there in water sports. Enjoy that new Garmin and the weight loss journey.