Starting Again after Injury

Options
Hi,

I've used MFP on and off for years (along with WeightWatchers and other means) with success. Most recently I used MFP coupled with serious exercise to lose 20lbs over the course of a year (and drop body fat from 49% to 29%).

3 months ago, I had a bad fall off a horse, breaking my upper arm (humerus) in 2 places. It required surgery to put in a plate and screws and has severely limited my ability to work out. My old routine was riding 2-3 days a week, training sessions at the gym 2x per week, spin 2x per week and yoga once a week. The broken bone stopped all that. Over that time I've gained back all the weight I lost and more due to being completely sedentary.

I'm slowly being allowed to start working out again (90% healed) but still have to be careful for the next 3-6 months to allow the bones to fully heal. I've also basically lost all tricep muscle due to surgery so have to slowly build that back with physio.

I'm trying to really commit to the diet part as it's what I can most easily control adding exercise back in as I can.

Looking forward to utilising these boards for motivation and ideas on how to keep ~1200 cals/day interesting and tasty as I'm cooking for my husband as well. I've always been able to succeed at weight loss when I can really hit the gym hard as part of my routine, but I'm a bit lost without being able to work out as normal.