Cardio

Options
Can you maintain weight by doing just cardio and no or little strength training? I can workout out on the elliptical for an hour but I hate lifting.

Replies

• DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You probably already know this but I'll state it... we maintain weight by not exceeding our calorie threshold for the day. Careful and accurate logging helps with this element.

Cardio and/or strength training are added benefits for conditioning. Do one, both or neither.

I personally hated lifting until I got into it a little more and found a program I enjoy doing. I also love doing various forms of cardio.
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! For me I noticed that calorie deficit = weight loss. Cardio = inches lost.
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    You can maintain weight, if your calories are at maintenance. Meaning you eat the same amount of calories as your body burns per day. No cardio needed. But cardio has benefits for cardiovascular health and burns calories, giving you more available calories to eat. I'd recommend that you keep looking into lifting as it can have excellent benefits for women. No need to force yourself to do something you hate, but reading up on it and staying informed won't hurt and down the road you may find it beneficial to really sculpt you body.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »
    Can you maintain weight by doing just cardio and no or little strength training? I can workout out on the elliptical for an hour but I hate lifting.

yep. maintenance is about how much you eat, not your exercise routine.