Healthy, meat free meals?

Options
maisiemountain
maisiemountain Posts: 16 Member
Pretty much what it says in the title! I'm looking for some healthy, meat free and easy to make recipes.
I do eat fish :)

Replies

• maisiemountain
    Options
    Thank you!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    www.budgetbytes.com

They have a section specifically for vegetarian meals :) love this site! Highly recommend the spinach ricotta pasta.
  • maisiemountain
    Options
    Thanks so much guys!
  • DrowningInAbyss
    DrowningInAbyss Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My favourite thing to do as a vegan is take non vegan recipies and make them vegan.
    Good egg substitutes are avacado, applesauce and banana. Good butter substitutes are olive oil, avacado oil, penut butter and many more :P
    GOOD LUCK!
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Zucchini Raviolis are awesome
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My go to simple meal is...

La Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas, 1/4 avocado, black beans, salsa and a ton of lettuce for yummy quick taco. Sometimes I add 1/2 oz cheese most times I don't.
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites I have just tried, so good in the summer when you can get fresh fruit and veggies at peak!
    From Mind Body Green website.

Fresh black bean and summer squash tacos with sweet nectarine salsa

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-26123/black-bean-summer-squash-tacos-with-sweet-nectarine-salsa.html
  • Rosemary5991
    Rosemary5991 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One really simple one I call Awesome Cauliflower can be made vegetarian or vegan depending on if you eat cheese or not.
    INGREDIENTS:
    1 head cauliflower, chopped
    Chives, to taste
    Salt and pepper as needed
    1/4 cup olive oil
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    2-4 tbsp grated parmasean or pecorino romano cheese
    1 tbsp minced garlic

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Place cauliflower florets in large roasting pan. Mix together garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl, then pour and coat cauliflower in the mixture. Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even roasting. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
  • Rosemary5991
    Rosemary5991 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ginger glazed mahi mahi
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/45833/ginger-glazed-mahi-mahi/

Corn and Bean Salsa
    IN A LARGE BOWL COMBINE:
    1 - 15 oz can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
    1 - 11 oz can of white shoe peg corn
    2 medium tomatoes, diced
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1/2 cup red onion, diced
    1 5 or 6 oz can chooped green chile
    1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
    Mix together.
    Combine following ingredients for marinade:
    1/3 cup lime juice
    1/3 cup olive oil
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    MIX marinade with other ingredients and stir.
    Refrigerate for four hours or overnight. Serve with tortillas of choice.
  • maisiemountain
    Options
    Wow thank you so much everyone for taking the time to share these with me :)
  • aurora184
    aurora184 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm making a zucchini mushroom oven frittata for dinner tonight. I have no idea how it will taste because I'm usually just winging it in the kitchen. MFP says it has 434 calories (most from olive oil and some parmesan cheese but you can easily leave those out or swap them form lower calorie ingredients). For the rest it's 0.5 zucchini, 0.5 cup mushrooms, onion and garlic. Bake in pan with salt and pepper or other spices. Let it cool a bit, put in an ovenproof dish and add 2 large, whisked eggs. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, sprinkle parmesan over it and put it back in the oven for maybe 5 more minutes. Don't know if the baking times are correct, like I said... haven't tried it yet.
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Check out the Happy Herbivores group. I've been a vegetarian since i was 15 and my son has for his entire life.
  • dsouldiva
    dsouldiva Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    The veganista Sweet Potato and Quinoa Chili is delicious, tried the recipe this weekend. http://www.simple-veganista.com/2013/03/sweet-potato-quinoa-chili.html
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly plant based meals.
    The quickest and easiest thing I do that is also filling are:
    Roasted veggies
    or
    heating up frozen vegetables and adding a sauce I like and a protein source (beans/legumes, soy products, seitan, etc.)
  • dolliesadler
    dolliesadler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Another good recipe is one head of cauliflower, florets only tossed in a bag with 1/4 cup of olive oil 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of tumeric, 5 smashed garlic cloves and a small pinch of salt and pepper. Spread onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until tender. Appt. 30 minutes. The turmeric and cumin have a lot of health benefits.

• maisiemountain
    Options
    Thanks a lot everyone!!