Extra tips for weight loss?

Options
Hi friends! I seriously hate posting questions like this and am not trying to get quick results, but I'm currently 5'2" and 140 pounds. I want to lose 20 pounds and be back at my goal weight of 120. I drink a gallon of water a day or more, I eat healthy with a cheat meal or a light dessert every now and again, and I work out routinely. By working out, I run long distances or do intense cardio 5 times a week. and other days I'll do circuits where, for an hour, I run at 8mph for one minute, and do about 6 minutes with different exercises of jump rope, lunges, etc. I'm pouring sweat so I know I work out hard enough. Has anyone ever been in a rut like this before? I know I have a lot of muscle, but I do feel better at a lighter weight. I was hoping for some ideas you guys do that might help me?

Replies

• williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    Dip it back a bit
    Lift three days a week and walk 3 miles 4 days a week
    Dial your calories in
  • Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're exercising a lot, so I would cut meals down just a teeny bit not too much - you'd be surprised at how your body/mouth won't miss the last quarter of your meal. Also avoiding salty foods helps shed the water part.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing all your food? You mention eating healthy but you can easily eat at maintenance or above if you're not weighing and logging accurately
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    What you listed sounds great if your goal is to have an active, fit lifestyle.

If your goal is to lose weight, then the key is to accurately & honestly track your calories in order to eat at a deficit. You don't mention how many calories you are eating in a day, or if you are even tracking.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Thank you @lemonlionheart for making this. This will help.

bw2qtjfci7zs.jpg
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Don't go by a scale. You look like your mostly muscle so you might weigh alittle extra. Go by measurements. You're probably doing enough and would have to lose muscle to weigh much less.

You probably have the measurements of an average person that weighs 120. The 120 lbs is just an idea for weight, and not based on muscle tone, you look like your above average for muscle tone. If that pic is recent and accurate.