No kitchen?!

Options
2»

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Invest in a small grill if you have an outdoor area to cook, you can usually find the little charcoal tabletop hibachi grills for $15...a small crock pot, $10...and an electric skillet, $20...between these 3 things you can cook just about anything without having a stove or oven....soups, rice, casseroles, roasts, or oatmeal in the crock pot...any kind of meat/veggies on the grill or electric skillet...and anything breadish can be done in the electric skillet (biscuits, cornbread, etc) as well as anything you would normally cook in a skillet like eggs or stir fry...I don't know what kind of food you like, but start with whichever appliance you are most likely to use first, then just add on to your kitchen as you get the hang of it...any camping skillet recipe can be made in the electric skillet, plus anything you would cook in a pot like pasta or potatoes.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    BeckyD1105 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    14 hours with no break? That can't be legal!

$2.85 an hour?! THAT surely can't be legal! That's practically slave labour!

If their wages plus tips for the pay period don't equal minimum wage the employer is required by federal law to make up the difference to get them to minimum wage.

Unfortunately, the service industry is notorious for breaking labor laws in every way they can get away with, including avoiding this law.

I agree with wake up early for breakfast (or get prepackaged things, like prepackaged breakfast sandwiches, or make quick meals - you can scramble some eggs in the microwave in a few minutes) and get a few more "fast cooking" appliances. Crockpots are fast, easy, don't require a kitchen, and give you solid meals. 14 hours without a solid meal is difficult but doable!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    omg, buy a crock pot. They are food magic. You can toss in any meat with a sauce, set it on low and when you get home you have dinner. So yummy. Ex- pork chops with a cup of Non Fat Italian dressing, pork chops with BBQ sauce, or chicken with the Italian dressing. Campbells also makes a ton of Slow Cooker Sauces- Hawaiian Pork, Pot roast, Beef Stew, and Buffalo chicken are the ones I've tried and likes.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    omg, buy a crock pot. They are food magic. You can toss in any meat with a sauce, set it on low and when you get home you have dinner. So yummy. Ex- pork chops with a cup of Non Fat Italian dressing, pork chops with BBQ sauce, or chicken with the Italian dressing. Campbells also makes a ton of Slow Cooker Sauces- Hawaiian Pork, Pot roast, Beef Stew, and Buffalo chicken are the ones I've tried and likes.

May i add pork chops with cream of mushrooms soup and a packet of dry ranch dressing powder? Awesome!