Tips to stop binge eating

Options
2»

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Log it while you do it. Stops me in my tracks.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Greatly lower your carbs and increase your "healthy" fats--watch the portions but get into "fat".
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    All above and I remind myself to HALT-B when feeling a binge. Think to yourself -

Am I Hungry
    Angry
    Lonely
    Tired
    Bored?

And try to spend the time analyzing these thoughts and let the binge urges subside instead of giving into them.
  • DrenRigs
    DrenRigs Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Eat 300 calories below maintenance don't go any lower than that that should do the trick
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I started to binge eat when I was prepping for a contest. Badly. So I stopped.

I was basically starved.

Better to eat more calories and not feel deprives/starved than binge!

However - as mentioned above, many times there are undelying issues that need to be dealt with and restrict trigger foods in the house (I ate everything so now there's nothing left and I won't buy anymore LOL)

Agree with the brocolli binge too. Still a binge even though it's brocolli.

Single serve deserts - awesome.

Protein treat - get a single serve pot of plain yoghurt (150g ish) and scoop in a scoop of chocolate (or caramel or whatever you like) protein powder. It's a nice sweet desert that fills you up - chop up some strawberries on top and even more bliss.

When I have been in a normal mindset and I feel like a sweet treat I will have one. ONE. single serve is the key. I don't buy a packet of biscuits because I know I will eat the whole entire thing in one sitting. So I buy ONE slice of cake (or whatever) and eat that. And don't keep it in the house for when I 'might' want it. I buy it on the day at the time that I want it.