Kickstarting a plateu stage

Options
I've been doing really well with my weightloss. It's been incredibly slow averaging 0.5 to 0.75 pound aweek over the past few months. I weight 131 pounds and I'm 5ft4, I have done for a few weeks stayed around this amount. I really want to push for a extra four pounds for the next couple weeks for my up coming holiday.

I know what everyone will say that crahs diets don't work etcetcetc. I just know I'll have anindulgent week so do you think it's possible? Or whatever I do diet wise my body won't lose weight any faster.

MY BMR is 1440 and I'm in a sedentary office job and run casually.

Replies

• girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue as I'm getting down in size. People are probably going to tell you what they've been telling me when I've asked the same -- you're losing at a good rate for the weight you're at and losing more than that might not be healthy since you're already within a healthy rage
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight, you aren't in a plateau. And as you're already at a healthy weight, half a pound a week is about what you should be aiming for, loss wise.

Definitely don't decrease your calories, but decreasing carbs and sodium may help you trim some water weight.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    At your size, four pounds in a couple weeks is tough. I do totally understand your eagerness.
    The problem as I see it comes from the numbers.
    Your BMR isn't as helpful in this instance as your maintenance level or current level would be in helping us see how much more deeply you could cut your intake. (If at all...)

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    At your size that's not incredibly slow - it's really good.
  • kittyroseb
    kittyroseb Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for being helpfull. I understand what you are saying. I guess At the moment I'm averaging 1200 -1300 in the week with a couple runs here and there (4-6 miles) And at the weekend I eat what I please. I've kind of answered my own question and need to cut down at the weekend. WhichI'm sure I can manage for atleast the week before! I'm very much I want to eat my cake and lose weight too kind of girl ! haha
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Eating too much on the weekend? Man, I'm so thankful I would never ever do that...