Meal replacement shakes

Options
I love the equate meal replacement shakes from Walmart but I akways feel that I'm not satisfied because i don't chew anything(weird I know) so then I probably end up with more calories then having a regular meal. Any suggestions? What kind of smoothies or shakes do you like?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eat food. People often experience what you do.
  • kaitpv
    kaitpv Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was hoping shakes would help cut some calories as well as pack in some nutrients I don't always get
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Eat food. People often experience what you do.
    I know I used to feel that way when my doctor told me to replace lunch with either a premixed shake or nothing/fasting. I was a freshman in college, and could have (thankfully didn't) failed that semester due to hunger-induced inattention in class, not to mention feelings of physical illness.
  • sstroh2
    sstroh2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When I have my shakes, I usually add a piece of fruit like an apple or a banana. Still healthy and getting more fruit into my diet, but also getting that satisfaction of actually eating without derailing my meal.
  • MiMi_5151
    MiMi_5151 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have been doing a 14/10 IF and I like the EAS - AdvantEDGE LiveLean+Toned Milk Chocolate shakes after a 14 hour fast (around noon). Only 100 calories. I also eat a handful of nuts or some Greek yogurt (~ 150 calories) with the shake and I am satisfied for about 6 hours. I then have a great dinner, nice 3 mile walk with the dog, an ice-cold beer, and I'm good for the next 14 hours.
  • kaitpv
    kaitpv Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'll try adding some fruit or granola... I think I'm going to have to skip the beer.. though maybe I'll splurge in a mojito every once in awhile!