Last 15 lbs to go - stuck on a plateau

Options
I started calorie logging in January and in 2-3 months i lost 10-12 lbs, with 2 lbs going and coming.
Since then i am stuck, the scale hasnt budged. I did lose some inches for a while, but now i think my clothes feel the same.
I didnt take measurements, and even if i did, i am so untalented with the tape, that my numbers change every time i use it, even if its within a 5 minute frame.

So i was eating 1200 calories for the first 5 months and i recently upped it to 1400. I exercise almost daily, i do circuit training 30 mins a day (Jillian Michaels DVDs) and i usually eat back my exercise calories.

Ay tips on breaking the plateau? I want to lose at least another 15 lbs. i currently weight 151-153 and am 5"5'. My goal is 135ish, or depending on how i look.
I know i might be gaining muscle mass and all, but i still have a lot of belly fat.

I read in some forums i should change my weight loss to 1/2 lb a week, and that will amount to 1650 calories, 100 calories shy of my TDEE.

Any tips, suggestions? Thanks

Replies

• harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Cut cardio and start lifting weight. Heavy!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Patience and determination. It took me eight months to lose my last 15. You are very close to caloric equilibrium so the losses will slow down. It doesn't matter though, since this is your program for the rest of your life.
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation. I know its a lifetime style, but sometimes it gets frustrating not seeing results although i am trying (somewhat) hard
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I dont do 100% cardio, i do circuit training, that involves some sort of strength training.
    I am not yet mentally prepared to start lifting heavy. Maybe eventually if by the end of the year i dont see any results anymore, ill consider going that way. Thanks tho for the tip