Something pretty cool happened

Options
About a year ago I discovered a show called Operation Osmin, it's on Nuvo TV and if you haven't seen it DEFINITELY check it out. He's a personal trainer and his motto is "the world is your gym" and that anything can be your equipment. I "liked" the shows page on Facebook, and the next day I had a friend request from Osmin Hernandez. I thought this can't really be him but I messaged him anyway asking for his help. He replied back and asked to speak on the phone. It really was him!! I was freaking out. I desperately wanted him to train me but he lives in Miami (that's where the show is) and I couldn't take off work to be on the show and I couldn't afford anything else. I'm a school bus driver and I'm off for the summer so when June came all hell broke loose, I have a part time job at the baseball stadium and if you've ever worked in the restaurant industry you know it basically revolves around drinking- among other things. I am really bad at saying no. Especially when it comes to alcohol, food, and other things I won't mention here. Basically if I was a musician I probably would have overdosed by now. So anyway......feeling depressed and alone I text Osmin. In the next few days after that he would check up on me. I started doing better little by little, the other day I put on his show and sat down to my lunch of fish and broccoli. I thought, I should send a picture of this to him so I did. He called me right after. I told him "Do you know I am watching your show right now?", then I asked him if I could meet him when I meet my goal. He said yes and to let him know when I'm ready. Words can't describe how grateful I am for a simple text from someone who is so busy and has so many other people to help that are right there in front of him and I'm so far away and we've never even met. Last night I was driving to a friends house crying and feeling horrible when I saw this billboard that said "You're never a loser until you stop trying". Funny how things happen like that. This is so hard and I'm still struggling but I hope I can use this as motivation to finally get where I need to be.

Replies

• cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    That is REALLY COOL. I've never heard of him, but to me, that says VOLUMES about how cool he is.

A lot of people say, "You can do this" and sometimes you wonder. With people like him, it'll send you to the moon with excitement!

Keep the communication lines open with him definitely!!

How inspiring!!!
  • cheeseaholic88
    cheeseaholic88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is really cool! Hell, I'm impressed and kinda wanna check the show out now! But we all fall down (and A LOT, God knows I do) so just keep your head up and stay focused. And let him help you especially if he wants to.
  • cbirchett58
    cbirchett58 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much :) You should definitely check out the show! I printed out a mean looking picture of him and taped it to my wall for motivation lol
  • tindyAL
    tindyAL Posts: 3
    Options
    I really love that show. I watch it when I am on my treadmill, and it really pushes me. I am also doing fish, salad, water 80% of the time...I still drink coffee. Osmin is awesome. Thanks for your post!