Things feel stacked against me. Advice pls

Options
Long story short, I have a feeling that my iron deficiency, ulcer and antidepressants are going to make this a difficult journey. Monday I got some sweet weights and played with them for 40 minutes, doing lunges and squats etc, and promptly threw up into my tub. I'm now on a mostly liquid diet to try and help that since solid food...kinda hurts and honestly I've been feeling sick for awhile now. (Errands yesterday at 9am? By the time I got home I was soaked with sweat, breathless, and passed out for two hours.)

I do have a doctors appointment for the 25th and will be bringing this up with the doctor then as well, but I'm somewhat impatient to get this party started. Anybody got any tips in the meantime on how to lose weight when you've got above issues? I wanna lose 70lbs.

Replies

• Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Umm, I wouldn't wait until the 25th if it were me, as none of that sounds good at all.
  • grumpopuppo
    grumpopuppo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Umm, I wouldn't wait until the 25th if it were me, as none of that sounds good at all.

That's literally the soonest I could get in. Lucky me, they're on vacation till then.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It's no mark against you to postpone your weight loss journey until you have a full medical work up.

Listen to your body. You are running on empty!

Eat foods that are soothing to your stomach.

Take as much iron supplements as you can tolerate.

Do stretching type exercises until you are cleared for anything more vigorous.

You won't lose seventy pounds before the 25th and this is the sort of race you win by finishing, not for coming in first. Remember the story of the Tortoise and the Hare.

Are you weighing and logging all your meals? That would be a great start.

Two foods for your liquid diet that are higher in iron include raisins and spinach.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your troubles. Everyone has their challenges, and many here have been successful despite huge obstacles. Patience is the name of the game. Glad you got a doctor's appt!
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Take care of your health before making any sudden changes in diet and exercise.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Mrs has had difficulties with keeping food down also. She also has an ulcer. Her Dr. recommended the OTC product IB Gard. Mrs started using IB Gard this week and her food stays down now.
    She also takes a prescription to keep the food down, but it wasn't effective.
  • grumpopuppo
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just eat nutritious and healthy smoothies and soups till you see your doctor. You can live on whole milk for a week or so. Anything you add will be a bonus.
    If you did pass out for 2hours(?)( and you weren't exaggerating) then you don't need a GP you need the emergency room right NOW .
    Sounds like a blood sugar problem and these are life threatening symptoms. (A side effect of high blood sugar is that you can't shake off infections like stomach bugs)
    Take care.
  • kmsnyg
    kmsnyg Posts: 100 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Milk is bad for gastric ulcers (milk increases gastric acid production), so I would not drink milk. Also avoid caffeine and coffee, spicy foods, and things that are hard to digest. Honestly, I would stick with a very soft bland diet. Smoothies without milk are fine.

Make sure you take your PPI and whatever medicines prescribed.
  • grumpopuppo
    Options
    Vegplotter wrote: »
    Just eat nutritious and healthy smoothies and soups till you see your doctor. You can live on whole milk for a week or so. Anything you add will be a bonus.
    If you did pass out for 2hours(?)( and you weren't exaggerating) then you don't need a GP you need the emergency room right NOW .
    Sounds like a blood sugar problem and these are life threatening symptoms. (A side effect of high blood sugar is that you can't shake off infections like stomach bugs)
    Take care.

Passed out as in fell straight to sleep the moment I hit a bed, it's nothing that bad. I do have issues with my blood sugar but it's purely reactive. <3 Thank you!!!
    kmsnyg wrote: »
    Milk is bad for gastric ulcers (milk increases gastric acid production), so I would not drink milk. Also avoid caffeine and coffee, spicy foods, and things that are hard to digest. Honestly, I would stick with a very soft bland diet. Smoothies without milk are fine.

:o I didn't know that! That explains a few things lmao Thank you so much for telling me. Is it the lactose? Can I still eat yogurt?
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Google the list of foods you can't have. My husband has an ulcer, things like peanut butter, chocolate, milk & tomato sauce upset him the most especially if he eats it later than 7pm.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Vegplotter wrote: »
    Take care.

Passed out as in fell straight to sleep the moment I hit a bed, it's nothing that bad. I do have issues with my blood sugar but it's purely reactive. <3 Thank you!!!
    kmsnyg wrote: »

:o I didn't know that! That explains a few things lmao Thank you so much for telling me. Is it the lactose? Can I still eat yogurt?

Your body is telling you what foods suit you. MFP can help. As you diarize your meals pay attention to the meals that are soothing and the ones that cause you pain.