Suggested Bike Accessories/Tools?

Options
2»

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I have a friend of mine who wears Prescription Sunglasses. I know for a fact Oakley offers Prescription Sunglasses. But my wife works for Luxottica Retail. When I see her tonight I'll ask if she knows of anyone that makes Prescription safety Glasses. . .
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    In general; helmet, glasses with appropriate or interchangeable lenses, gloves, cycle shorts or padded liners.

Just thought of a question. I've worn contacts almost my entire life for seeing long distance (nearsighted), but in the last two years my "reading vision" no longer cooperates with the corrected vision so I've been wearing my prescription glasses most of the time now. For cycling I could go the easy route and just put the contacts back in and use the normal safety glasses, but I have seen that they do make "over-prescription" safety glasses. Are those any good or just more to worry about?

By interchangeable I was thinking more about lens colours, mine have smoked, amber and clear for different ride conditions. That could get quite expensive, but I haven't really thought about it as I've only recently had to start wearing reading glasses.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    In general; helmet, glasses with appropriate or interchangeable lenses, gloves, cycle shorts or padded liners.

Just thought of a question. I've worn contacts almost my entire life for seeing long distance (nearsighted), but in the last two years my "reading vision" no longer cooperates with the corrected vision so I've been wearing my prescription glasses most of the time now. For cycling I could go the easy route and just put the contacts back in and use the normal safety glasses, but I have seen that they do make "over-prescription" safety glasses. Are those any good or just more to worry about?

By interchangeable I was thinking more about lens colours, mine have smoked, amber and clear for different ride conditions. That could get quite expensive, but I haven't really thought about it as I've only recently had to start wearing reading glasses.

Oh, I'm not wearing reading glasses. Hehe. I'm looking out below the bottom of my normal glasses (or takling them off to read), since I can't conveniently move the contacts out of the way. I should probably get bifocals, but I'm stalling. LOL
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    The challenge I have is that I can't easily read my Edge GPS...
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    The challenge I have is that I can't easily read my Edge GPS...

I'm sure mine's still adjusting, but so far I can still hold the phone out far enough to read before it reaches "nearsighted" territory. Hehe. Not sure how much longer that will last though.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I'm being told that Rx Safety dot com sells Px safety glasses.
  • Wynterbourne
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    I'm being told that Rx Safety dot com sells Px safety glasses.

Thanks. I'll check it out.