Cauliflower crust pizza

Options
anlymc13
anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
So I made a cauliflower crust pizza tonight and it was delicious! Unfortunately the crust was really soft and didn't hold up. I am hoping to get some pointers from you pros out there! Help me make a crispy crust please!! Thanks!

Replies

• anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Perfect! That is all I needed! Thank you so much!
  • twinklepies
    twinklepies Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've had success drying the cauliflower out in a frying pan. Don't boil, just put finely grated in the pan and dry on a low heat, trying not to toast. It doesn't go crispy, but it held up well. The recipe I use is 2 cups finely grated cauliflower, 1 cup grated parmesan, 1 egg. Also used tomato paste instead of a sauce as its not as watery.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have made a few cauliflower crusts in my time, and they never hold up. Plus, my family is not crazy about cauliflower flavor in pizza. I have had a bit more success using shredded zucchini. Tastes a lot better and holds up a bit better, as long as you don't overdo it with toppings.

https://www.tastemade.com/shows/healthy-af/zucchini-pizza-crust
    I used feta instead of goat cheese and cornmeal instead of chickpea flour. Cut into small pieces, I was able to pick it up to eat. Plus, there was a distinct lack of cauliflower flavor which pleased my family. If they have to eat my food, I will at least try to make it appealing to them. :)