30 day Vegan challenge

Options
LoveLyfe7
LoveLyfe7 Posts: 28 Member
Hi pals!
I'm not a vegan but have been thinking about doing a 30 day vegan challenge, I really want to give my body a break from meat and dairy (although I love it). It would be interesting to see how far I can push my body and basically cleanse myself. My digestion hasn't been great lately so I really just want to get on track. I will be starting on Monday, please feel free to join me and give access to your food diary so we can swap ideas -etc..

Thanks!
Ashley

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    LoveLyfe7 wrote: »
    Hi pals!
    I'm not a vegan but have been thinking about doing a 30 day vegan challenge, I really want to give my body a break from meat and dairy (although I love it). It would be interesting to see how far I can push my body and basically cleanse myself. My digestion hasn't been great lately so I really just want to get on track. I will be starting on Monday, please feel free to join me and give access to your food diary so we can swap ideas -etc..

Thanks!
    Ashley

Your body cleanses itself via some cool *kitten* organs. If you feel like you aren't being cleansed then you probably need to see a doctor.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi pals!

Thanks!
    Ashley
    I like to challenge myself, too! I am apart of a 90 day low-carb challenge and it's really motivational! Maybe there is a group or you can start a thread in the "challenges" forum to get more people! Good luck!
  • LoveLyfe7
    LoveLyfe7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi pals!

Thanks!
    Ashley
    I like to challenge myself, too! I am apart of a 90 day low-carb challenge and it's really motivational! Maybe there is a group or you can start a thread in the "challenges" forum to get more people! Good luck!

I will look into it! Thanks
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Hi

Vegan is an ethical choice ...it does not hold any specific health benefits, there is certainly no biological benefit or "cleansing" .... in fact you need to know what you're doing and eating to ensure you get adequate nutrition more so in veganism than any other extreme way of eating (WOE)

As it is an ethical choice I personally do not think it is a WOE that lends itself to short term challenges

If you decide to continue please ensure you are completely aware of protein sources and required supplementation
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This sounds part disordered thinking, part misconceptions. Veganism is an ethical choice. You don't have to give your body a break from ordinary food. You shouldn't cut out anything you love. It's important to do difficult things now and then, and everything you do, doesn't have to be rational - but make sure you aren't harming yourself. You don't need to "cleanse" yourself, it doesn't really mean anything - maybe it points to the emptying of your bowels, but they fill up again, that's what they do; it sounds more like a spiritual thing, like you need to make up for "sinning" with food - guess what, food is meant to be enjoyed.

If you have trouble with your digestion, it can be smart to get in more fiber and water, and maybe more fat. Fruit and vegetables contribute to a healthy diet. But any sudden major changes to diet will tend to make your digestion out of whack, not improve it.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ty5i1irs28k3.gif
    Hey folks:

This discussion was moved to the Challenges section, as it's a challenge. Just a reminder that posting in a challenges thread in this section requires that you are interested in participating in the challenge.

If you feel a post violates community guidelines, please report it.

Happy day-before-Monday,
    JustSomeEm