Tips for weight gain

Options
asulaman25
asulaman25 Posts: 7 Member
Hey guys I'm a very petite girl 5 feet 75 pounds at age 20. I'm eating just under 1700 calories a day but it's so tiring and at the end of the week my stomach starts hurting

Any tips on high caloric foods that won't fill
me up or recipes so I can try finding new!

P.s I've added a lot of milk, eggs and nuts to my diet I'm also drinking ensure but it hurts my stomach so I only drink one every few days
My family is fairly thin and I've always been small from a young age

Replies

• butterbuns123
    butterbuns123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Add peanut butter to everythimg if you like it. U can buy those stupid high calorie shakes with like 1400 cals per serving if all else fails.
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Could you be allergic to some of the foods you're eating?
  • asulaman25
    Options
    Awesome thank. This may sound stupid but how do I add the olive oil just raw ? Or cook with it ?
  • asulaman25
    Options
    Nope not allergic to anything. I may be slightly lactose intolerant.
    Those 1400 shakes make me dizzy
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    Honestly, being that low in weight, I'd tell you to eat pizza and fast food along with your other meals if you can stand it. Adding weight resistance training along with the eating will help to put some muscle on you too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • asulaman25
    Options
    I love pizza so can't argue with that! :) during school I tend to gain a few more pounds since I eat more junk between classes/on the road so hopefully I'll put back on some weight!
  • asulaman25
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    asulaman25 wrote: »
    Awesome thank. This may sound stupid but how do I add the olive oil just raw ? Or cook with it ?

You can do both, but I prefer putting after my veggies are cooked...I simply pour on it, personally raw makes it taste better, but that is my opinion.

Thanks for the advise I'll definitely try it
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

This thread is loaded with good high calorie options. Check it out.