For the First Time in My Life . . . .

Options
Madwife2009
Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
. . . and I mean for the first time in my life - I am a healthy weight :):):):) I have ALWAYS been overweight/obese, from childhood. But NO MORE!

n48ms4pd34oe.jpg

I'm pretty excited as when I started out last August, my BMI was 46.

I have a little way to go yet though, as I still have too much fat left that needs to go (mainly arms, face, and lower body).

It's not just about the weight though, I feel so good in myself - I'm fitter, healthier and happier. Can't wait to experience the feeling of being at goal and being even fitter, healthier and happier!

Clothes shopping as a treat today, just to see what size I am now :) I was UK size 28/30 when I started. I'm smaller than a UK size 14 but not sure where I am exactly so will find out as soon as the shops open!
BMI.jpg 104.6K

Replies

• abi111
    abi111 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats. :)
  • valerieuk1708
    valerieuk1708 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Way to go!
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done.
  • hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! For my height, my weight needs to be a bit lower than it is at the moment. ..maybe only 7lbs or so. One day I can post this too!
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :D
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very inspiring! I don't think I have ever been in the green and I'm 26 years old. Next year will be my year!
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Had a great time at the shops trying on clothes!

I use the NHS BMI calculator too and am trying to get from the red into the yellow >.< I've also been overweight or obese since my teens so hearing your success gives me hope and motivation. Enjoy your day!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! "Normal" or "healthy" BMI is what I'm aiming for too at the moment. I started at a BMI of 41.6 and am currently at 27.2, so getting very close!

I can understand how happy you are, and you deserve that happiness 100%!! Great job!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling! GG!
    bndu35ftq2wp.gif
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Haha! Word of caution - as I'm currently hurting from my credit card bill - be choosy in your new clothing! I'm also in a size 12 and with all the selection I've gone a little bonkers with shopping. Need to step in down LOL.

Love your enthusiasm! Fitting nicely into size 12s after years in plus sizes - is there any better feeling???

I started out in a size 24. Was at the gym last week and asked about the new t-shirts they're selling. The girl looked at me and said I would want a size small !!!! Awesome feeling!!
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! Your joy just comes bursting off the screen! Well done!
  • elleelle03
    elleelle03 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great job, I bet that feels wonderful! Would love to experience that feeling some day
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!