OMG Hollandaise

Options
jayrudq
jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
Don't know if this has been posted before, but if so, it is worth repeating. This is SO good, as well as easy, and low calorie!

In a double boiler, put 2/3 cup nonfat yogurt - any style
2 egg yolks
squeeze of lemon
touch of dry mustard or Dijon

Bring water to a simmer and whisk. Will get thin and then thicken up. Scraping the cooked egg off the sides helps.

Serve! Today I had it over baked egg cups. Took Canadian bacon and lined a muffin pan, added my egg (and egg white from the hollandaise) and baked until soft boiled stage. Topped two with 1/3 cup sauce for a 310 cal breakfast.

The holllandaise itself is 170.

Replies

• cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bump since I love hollandaise...thanks for posting
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My "hollandaise" is even lower in calories and I actually enjoy it more than the realy thing. I take about 1/4 cup of egg beaters, a splash of lemon juice, and 3/4 cup water and zap in the microwave on high for about 1 minute 30 seconds stirring every 20-30 seconds until smooth and creamy. If I get distracted I just throw it my my magic bullet to make it silky. It is my guilt free indulgence. The whole cup has only 30 calories. Sometimes I have added a splash of garlic olive oil, cayenne pepper, or Mrs. Dash depending upon what I am serving it with. It is awesome drizzled on top of a grilled salmon salad.
  • jayrudq
    Options
    Sounds Great! Love, love, love, love hollandaise
  • jayrudq
    Options
    Sorry, but I made this again. It it was the bomb. Used 2/3 of a cup of yogurt and 2 yolks for smaller amount.