Fed up of being tall and broad!

Options
2»

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Not quite 6' but 5'9", and I have beyond broad shoulders. I used to be really self-concious of this. Add in a deep voice as a female and being another "one of the guys," I felt far from feminine.

Sometimes, you gotta fake it to make it. I started doing small things like wearing jewelry and make up as I worked on the self-esteem piece of the puzzle. Personally, that helped me, but I believe it was just linked to taking care of myself rather than the act of make up and such. However, during what I all my awkward phase, I tried to identify what I did line about myself. It started small, that I liked my nose, and continued to move to bigger and better things about myself, including what I could not change.

I still wish my shoulders weren't as broad, but I realize now that there isn't a damn thing I can do to change it. I'd rather focus that energy on something more positive. I think that with time and some dedicated reworking of negative thoughts, you will get there.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    ^^ Vespi - it's so funny our self-perceptions. I'm 5-7, would say average frame and my goal in working with a trainer is to build large shoulders. I think they look so awesome in halter tops and make your waist look smaller.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    ^^ Vespi - it's so funny our self-perceptions. I'm 5-7, would say average frame and my goal in working with a trainer is to build large shoulders. I think they look so awesome in halter tops and make your waist look smaller.

Haha it is funny! I will admit that now I love the muscle I'm building in my arms and shoulders. But then again, I have legs that basically go on forever and barely a waist, so I don't want attention on that. :lol:

Maybe that's what did it. Once I fell in l with weight lifting, I wasn't too concerned about looking masculine. Instead, I felt pretty badass.