IF for women

Options
Since halfway through my pregnancy (I'm 7 week pp tomorrow) I have been interested in IF and for the last couple weeks and have naturally been eating later. Since morning are spent taking care of my baby I don't start eating till 10-11 (used to be as soon as I got up at 6) and I finish supper around 8-9.

I have read tho that IF can cause missed periods and early menopause and other hormonal issues. Is this true? Also read that women should do a 14:10 rather than 16:8.

My goals are weight loss with adding muscle. I know with weight loss comes some muscle loss too but I can easily put muscle on (kinda have a physique built for female body building lol) when i was really into fitness before I had a body fat % of 15% which came easily for me from weightlifting.

Anyway thoughts on IF for women?

Replies

• llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF for a few months and I love it. I do 14:10 fasting (my own version). I have a peeled grapefruit at 8:30am and eat the rest of my calories from noon to 8pm.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    it is not IF that might give you issues but not hitting adequate macros to sustain your physical needs irrespective of being a man or a woman - so to your question, no, no issues but ensure you focus on your macros and eventually your micros.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding?
  • babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    ouryve wrote: »
    Are you breastfeeding?

Nope. Formula feeding
  • babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    it is not IF that might give you issues but not hitting adequate macros to sustain your physical needs irrespective of being a man or a woman - so to your question, no, no issues but ensure you focus on your macros and eventually your micros.

Ah good to know. I don't concentrate on my macros. Just calories and making smarter choices and it normally pans out with the rest of my nutrition