Flavored water

Options
Does anyone have opinions regarding flavored water that are 0 calories?? I started drinking "Ice" flavored water to up my water intake, but I have heard that the sweetner is not good for me and it will make me crave sweets more... Is there validity to those claims?

Replies

• airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I drink the same, not Ice but Wal*Mart's Clear and KMart & Safeway's brand as well, both have the aspartamene in it and for me, it does not cause me to crave sweets. I know a lot of folks don't do the artificial sweeteners but I was born & raised on them and am fine with what they can and probably have done to my body, lol. Your mileage may vary cravings wise, everyone's body is different. It is the ONLY way I can get water down, so it works for me.
  • cseckinger1
    Options
    I drink flavored water, the only way I can get it down & hot tea w/infused splenda in the bags (0) calories. I also have one diet root beer in the evening w/a glass of cab. wine. I don't think they make you want sweets. I never eat sugar & never feel like I need to have sugar. Do what will work for you. Stevia is a natural sugar, but I really don't like it.
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I use True Lemon or True Lime. I LOVE them! no artificial sweeteners no calories ans it hides the nasty taste of our city water :D