I don't want to count calories forever

Options
2»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I eat like that all the time and I've maintained four years. Look at portion size. Walk.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    I eat like that all the time and I've maintained four years. Look at portion size. Walk.

^^ +1
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I think the "it's not what you eat but how much" is great when you are counting calories. But if you don't want to count calories, food choice becomes more important. If you eat mostly "normal" food (a diet based on fruit and vegetables, whole grains and home cooked meals), it's easier to stick to "normal" portions, and the "normal" daily variations of calorie intake evens out over time. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's easier - because it's easier to overeat calorie dense less nutritious foods, and your margin of error is smaller.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Don't you think you would notice if the weight started to go back on?
    You only "gain it all back" if you ignore your weight trending above your maintenance range and do nothing about it over a prolonged period of time.

Counting is just one of many tools to control your weight. Eating patterns, portion control, food choices, lifestyle, activity, exercise etc. etc..

Experiment to find what works for you. You can always go back to counting in case you need or want to.

This. If the OP is happy with current weight note how pants and belt fit. If they start to get tight, need to loosen the belt, probably need to watch the diet a bit.
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just pay attention to the food youre eating throughout the day. You should be able to tell if youre over doing it with the calories. And weigh yourself every couple of days if you see the scale going in the wrong direction more than 2lbs then log again.