Trying it again!

Options
Hi! My name is Donielle. I'm 46 now and have, for just about 3 yrs now, type 2 Diabetes. I had gestational diabetes when pg with my eldest son who is now 23 . I had been at a weight of 249 when I found out I was T2 and lost 49 lbs in 4/5 months out of sheer terror.
I am now up 15 lbs. due to stress and temptations of treats and pot lucks at work, as well as the Fibromyalgia medicine I am now on (Lyrica). If there is anyone who would like to add me as a friend, I'd gladly accept it. I would love to chat with persons walking down a similar path as me!

Replies

• Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have fibro or mfps and though I am working out a lot, I am having pain issues. Would love to see how others deal with it. I added you.
  • missdonielle
    missdonielle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I finally, after years and years of worsening pain, went to my doctor and tried Lyrica. It really helps!! It took a few months and gradually adjusting/raising dosage get to where I can manage the pain and actually sleep past 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. a night.
    I have gained about 13 lbs from the med, but is water weight and can be lost if worked on. I'm really happy with how this medicine is working for me! Ask your doc about it and maybe try it out!
  • missdonielle
    Options
    Thank you for the link to the Type 2 Diabetes group!
    Hugs!
    Donielle
  • missdonielle
    Options
    Today I started out really good, watching my intake of foods and calories. But, when out trying to shop for new pants/ slacks and a couple new shirts for work at the mall, I lost track of time and skipped my diabetic snack. I used my emergency glucose tablets already and it was about 45 minutes till I reached home to eat a late dinner. Soooo, while stopping for gas in the car.... I ran into the little geedunk store and grabbed a Hershy's Chocolate and Almond bar....then proceeded to eat it while on the drive home! Ugggggg! I hate when that happens! I had forgotten to grab a protein bar to take with me for an afternoon snack. Yes I usually carry a snack of nuts or granola bars in the trunk, but I've not replenished those yet.
    Good news is....I didn't go too high over my 1500 calorie limit!
  • The_Original_Beauty
    The_Original_Beauty Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Donielle. I'm 46 now and have, for just about 3 yrs now, type 2 Diabetes. I had gestational diabetes when pg with my eldest son who is now 23 . I had been at a weight of 249 when I found out I was T2 and lost 49 lbs in 4/5 months out of sheer terror.
    I am now up 15 lbs. due to stress and temptations of treats and pot lucks at work, as well as the Fibromyalgia medicine I am now on (Lyrica). If there is anyone who would like to add me as a friend, I'd gladly accept it. I would love to chat with persons walking down a similar path as me!

I would love another friend with fibro. I have been on lyrica twice a day since early this year.