Trying to Make Bike-Riding Interesting?

Hello!

For my exercise routine...it usually involves bike riding around my town. I can make a full lap going around the majority of town (excluding country roads, highway roads..ect.) within 15 mins. I want to try something more interesting with my bike rides. I could go over to the next town (which is about 10 miles away) and ride the trail/around town...but it beats the purpose if i have to drive over there for a bike ride! :o)

I was just wondering if anyone had some tips about bike riding. Do you set paces?

Also, I am trying to incorporate anything interesting into my workouts everyday...if there are some exercises and/or routines that you would like to share...please do! :)

Thanks Everyone!

Replies

• Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Don't know how much more "interesting" this would be, but perhaps you can start working up to riding to that next town and eventually you'll be able to push hard to get there, ride leisurely around those trials, and push to get back. That would be a killer workout and I doubt you'd get bored. :wink:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Why don't you ride to your next town and back. Look at some maps and work out a circular route.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    add in cars, gravel, ice or wet cobble stones, and cycling is more interesting that i'd want it to be... but that's just me, i have about 1 accident a year, if i insist on cycling...

other than that, try the zombies run app (i guess it would work for bicycling) or dare those country roads (if you pick the quieter ones, they are actually better than town roads IMO)
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    I like to go with someone and we race. That's superfun. One time I nearly hit a deer, that was pretty interesting.