Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HELP I'm stuck

Trying so hard to lose weight I've joined a gym been going for a month, eating right more fruits & veggies, drink plenty of water as well. My problem is I've hit a plateau I've lost 20 lbs. & came to a halt. I don't know what I'm doing wrong it's frustrating I've got 80 more lbs. to go but I'm doing it in bits so I won't overwhelm myself but I think it's too late for that because I'm there. I looking for some advice so if there's anyone than can help that be so wonderful & appreciated.

Replies

• One of my friends is a health/fitness coach and she says when you hit one where you cant lose anymore, rest for 2-3 days and then start again. It will make your body say "what the heck!?" and you will start losing again :)
  • jeanineolson
    jeanineolson Posts: 37 Member
    Stick with it and don't get discouraged. Is there some one at your gym you could talk to? I got my doctor to refer me to a dietitian just so that I could get some questions answered. I know with me it took a lot of years to get to this weight, It will take a while to come off. You can do it
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    remember this is a life journey so stick with it and things will all come together. Just remember how long it took you to get that big it can't come off in a few weeks...keep on going your on the right track :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • 08kat
    08kat Posts: 51
    I know exactly where you're coming from. Have you tried mixing up your workouts. I recently tried a Body Pump class and even though it kicked my butt, I'm hooked. After 4 classes I feel a difference. Since I only weigh once every 2 weeks ,we'll see, but my clothes seem looser. Regardless what you try, try to vary your routine. :flowerforyou:
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Open your diary so we can see what you're eating and possibly make a few suggestions.

The most common suggestion is going to be to buy a food scale and measure everything you put in your mouth. You're probably eating more than you think.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Open your diary so we can see what you're eating and possibly make a few suggestions.

The most common suggestion is going to be to buy a food scale and measure everything you put in your mouth. You're probably eating more than you think.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

and possibly overestimating how many calories are burned through exercise.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Change it up. Regarding exercise, remember this: F.I.T.
    F: Frequency - if you're exercising 4 times a week, kick it up to 5 or 6!
    I: Intensity - Kick up the INTENSITY of your work out, walk faster, swim harder, do more reps
    T: Time - If your workouts are currently 30 mins, make them 45!

This helps get away from that 'muscle memory'... change it up!!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I ate more for couple of days, eating something different and shake it up a bit. It worked for me. I remember I ate a sausage buiscuit one day and lunch had some kind of beef wrap at mcdonalds, weight went up and then went back down. I was scared to do it but it worked and I kept losing. I have heard others saying upping their calories for a few days worked.
  • AlmaYruegas
    AlmaYruegas Posts: 14 Member
    I got with a fitness trainer she gave me a routine to do so I hope this will change for me...thanks
  • AlmaYruegas
    Thank you that's objective this week I think this might help
  • AlmaYruegas
    how do I open up my diary?